What current systems have the most published adventures?

Chimpy

First Post
Having got into 4e only about a year ago, I'm interested in trying some other RPG systems for a change.

I have a busy life with work and family so I'm looking for an in-print game that has a lot of adventures to choose from, enough for many months of weekly play anyway. I don't have the time or the creative ability to write my own that often.

Can anyone recommend a good RPG that has many good published adventures available? Ideally in the same world/campaign setting.

Thanks.

Crothian

First Post
Pathfinder has a lot of modules plus all the adventure paths for it by Paizo, plus they have adventures and APs written for the game system by other companies. All of the Paizo adventures and AP take place in their setting though are easy to move to other settings if one likes.

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
Yeah, Pathfinder has the most. The retroclones also a good amount.

For non-fantasy Call of Cthulhu has plenty of adventures.

Savage Worlds has lots of adventure support, but their also spread over many settings.

Treebore

First Post
All the Castles and Crusades modules would be easy to use with 1E/OSRIC and vice versa. The Pathfinder modules have been easy to use with C&C. As have the Goodman Games DCC adventures, and every other adventure for D&D that is out there. So Castles and Crusades wins in terms of how many adventures you can easily use with it, but not in how many are specifically made for it.

I'd have to agree Pathfinder wins with that one, with well over 100 made for it. Probably over 200 and approaching 300.

Chimpy

First Post
Thanks for the info. I was kinda looking for something a bit different to D&D actually- I think Pathfinder and earlier D&D & its clones would feel like more of the same. I enjoy D&D but I'm interested in trying some different systems.

The Game of Thrones RPG and The One Ring have both peeked my interested, but neither seem to have more than 1 or 2 adventures written for them.

Remove ads