D&D 3E/3.5 What D&D 3e/3.5e classes do you wish had become core in later editions?

What D&D 3e/3.5e classes do you wish had become core in later editions?

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Unpopular opinion: I think there are already too many classes/subclasses in the later editions of the game. So if anything, I'd bring even fewer of the core classes from 3.x over, and create more subclasses instead. You know: barbarian and monk become subclasses of Fighter, paladin and druid become subclasses of Cleric, make the bard and ranger into subclasses of Rogue, that sort of thing.

But that topic has already been argued to death in another thread; no need to repeat it.

EDIT: after reading through this thread, I realize my opinion is a fairly common one.

I chose: Healer, Hexblade, and Ninja.

Healer, because healing is a good way to contribute that doesn't involve hurting anyone.

Hexblade, because the 3.5 Hexblade was an interesting concept (dark/arcane paladin analogue), that was completely ruined in its translation to 4E.

Ninja, because Ninjas are cool.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
Unpopular opinion: I think there are already too many classes/subclasses in the later editions of the game. So if anything, I'd bring even fewer of the core classes from 3.x over, and create more subclasses instead. You know: barbarian and monk become subclasses of Fighter, paladin and druid become subclasses of Cleric, make the bard and ranger into subclasses of Rogue, that sort of thing.

But that topic has already been argued to death in another thread; no need to repeat it.

EDIT: after reading through this thread, I realize my opinion is a fairly common one.

Well that's the thing.
If the core classes are more important part, then the subclasses cannot replicate all the archetypes.
If the sub classes are more important part, then the classes don't mean much.

The only thing ranger, thief, and bard have in common is skill strength.
The only thing druid, cleric, and paladin have in common is access to divine spells.

So the choice in a class based system isalway: class heavy subclass light or subclass heavy class light.

Remove ads