What Do Treants, Gelatinous Cubes, Mimics, and Displacer Beasts Have In Common?

The latest D&D miniatures set, Monster Menagerie, is now here. From WizKids, check out some of these repainted plastic figures below. "In Monster Menagerie you will find a vast array of challenges for your heroes to overcome and allies to fight by your side. Face Bulettes as they use their powerful claws to tunnel through the earth when they hunt. Or the Gelatinous Cube as it scours dungeon passages in silent, predictable patterns, leaving perfectly clean paths in its wake. Or the Displacer Beast which takes its name from its ability to mask itself with illusion, displacing light so that it appears to be somewhere it is not."

The latest D&D miniatures set, Monster Menagerie, is now here. From WizKids, check out some of these repainted plastic figures below. "In Monster Menagerie you will find a vast array of challenges for your heroes to overcome and allies to fight by your side. Face Bulettes as they use their powerful claws to tunnel through the earth when they hunt. Or the Gelatinous Cube as it scours dungeon passages in silent, predictable patterns, leaving perfectly clean paths in its wake. Or the Displacer Beast which takes its name from its ability to mask itself with illusion, displacing light so that it appears to be somewhere it is not."

(Apparently any article headline in the form of a question can be answered "no"; so I decided to rise to the challenge.)

Find it at WizKids here.

CfXuEuuWwAA0L6L.jpg
CfXuEySWEAAdU5l.jpg
CfXuE_JXEAA4Noj.jpg
CfXuFAcWwAA9Epz.jpg
CeQJU1bWEAAL2sS.jpg
CeQJU2SWAAAKIF_.jpg
CdtJVvCWwAEnEpz.jpg
CdI2SXbWIAAuKMj.jpg
CdI2SYCW0AAdcty.jpg
CcjoUYGUAAAsR9m.jpg
CcjnusgUsAAtgqQ.jpg
CcGCqwbWIAAX_Gg.jpg
CcGCqvRWAAAqkQq.jpg

allenw

Explorer
An Invisible Displacer Beast seems excessive. Though it would be a nice surprise against those PCs who have See Invisibility, but not Truesight...

ad_hoc

(they/them)
I picked up a few boosters. They look very nice. I usually buy 2-4 boosters from each set. The ones I got are the best looking ones in a long time. Much better than the Pathfinder ones and even better than the previous 5e ones.

I have a question, is the Gelatinous Cube supposed to be able to come apart to put a figure in it? Mine seems to be one solid piece.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
I picked up a few boosters. They look very nice. I usually buy 2-4 boosters from each set. The ones I got are the best looking ones in a long time. Much better than the Pathfinder ones and even better than the previous 5e ones.

I have a question, is the Gelatinous Cube supposed to be able to come apart to put a figure in it? Mine seems to be one solid piece.
Yes, the cube comes apart. Look at the underside, 2 opposite corners have an indentation. Grab the base there.

As an aside, I love that the treant has 4 arms. Why should a treant be limited to just 2 limbs?

ad_hoc

(they/them)
Yes, the cube comes apart. Look at the underside, 2 opposite corners have an indentation. Grab the base there.

As an aside, I love that the treant has 4 arms. Why should a treant be limited to just 2 limbs?

Got it, thanks. Just required some extra force.

Remove ads

Remove ads