What DO you DO for... Barbarians?

Nyaricus

First Post
XCorvis said:
OK, I just can't take it any more. Nyaricus, I love these threads and it's been far too long since the last. I'm taking matters into my own hands. ;)

This time, it's barbarians.
Wow, I had no idea they were so popular :D Well, I'm glad to see them enjoying a renaissance of sorts - although if memory serves me I did start up the thread for sorcerers. Lemme check in on that.

In any case, a half dozen threads (by me, and including this one) on the first page of the HR boards - cool! :D:D

cheers,
--N

Crothian

First Post
Psion said:
Nothing, but Crothian's suggestion sounds reasonable.

I don't do it for power, but for theme. I like Barbarians to be the kind of characters that can just endure thing so the feat fits the theme very nicely. Plus it's not like anyone actually takes the feat anyway. :D

XCorvis

First Post
Nyaricus said:
Wow, I had no idea they were so popular :D Well, I'm glad to see them enjoying a renaissance of sorts - although if memory serves me I did start up the thread for sorcerers. Lemme check in on that.

In any case, a half dozen threads (by me, and including this one) on the first page of the HR boards - cool! :D:D

Holy Thread Resurrection, Batman! I wasn't expecting that either. :D

I gathered up all the ones I could find, but I didn't see the Sorcerer thread. You can start the next one, but don't wait too long... ;)

Nyaricus

First Post
XCorvis said:
Holy Thread Resurrection, Batman! I wasn't expecting that either. :D

I gathered up all the ones I could find, but I didn't see the Sorcerer thread. You can start the next one, but don't wait too long... ;)
Okay, sounds good.

In any case, The Berserker. I don't like 3.x Barbarians, so here's my version of them, more Nordic-fied!

Can't find my WDYD for Sorcerers thread... maybe it never existed. Huh.

cheers,
--N

EvilGM

Explorer
Some of the things I give to Barbarians...

First Attack Ferocity (Ex): Starting at 1st level, a barbarian gains a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls against the first opponent the character attacks in that melee combat, but suffers a penalty to AC for that round equal to half the bonus (rounded down). These bonuses rise by +1 every three barbarian levels thereafter (4th, 7th, 10th, 13th, 16th, and 19th level).

Intimidation (Ex): Barbarians may use their Strength bonus on Intimidate checks instead of Charisma. In addition, barbarians gain a +1 bonus to Intimidate checks for every two levels of barbarian (round down).

Bring the Pain (Ex): Starting at 2nd level, a barbarian gains a +1 bonus to damage rolls against any opponent that has damaged the barbarian that melee combat. Once the barbarian successfully deals damage to an opponent that has damaged him he no longer gains this bonus unless that opponent damages him again. This bonus rises by +1 every three barbarian levels thereafter (5th, 8th, 11th, 14th, 17th, and 20th level).

Second Wind (Ex): At 2nd level, a barbarian can heal himself of a number of points of damage equal to his Constitution bonus plus his class level once per day as a free action.

Remove ads