What do you keep in a bag of holding?

pukunui

Legend
Oh, bag of holding, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways ...

Fullblade
Adventurer's kit
- bedroll
- flint & steel
- sunrods x 2
- trail rations
- rope (hemp, 50 ft)
- waterskin
Longbow
Everburning torch
Arrows of transit x6
308 gp

Oh, and corpses of slain party members, if they'll fit.
I haven't had the chance to put a dead party member in my bag of holding yet, but last night I did put the corpse of the astrologer who was helping us look for clues in my bag so we could take her to the abbess for resurrection without causing a stir in the streets of Irilian.

Bold or Stupid

First Post
I a high level 3.5 game the parties rogue regularly used her bag of holding to store her Air Genasi girlfriend who was only going to add a casualty to any of the groups fights being about 15 levels lover than the PCs. The genasi would dive in as the violence started. The first time the rogue picked her up and shoved her in.

Hejdun

First Post
My character is paranoid about environmental deaths, so he has stuff like:

500' silk roap
50 pitons
shovels
hammers
winter blankets
cold weather outfits
extra rations
extra water
sunrods
10 foot pole
Deepfarer's Pouch

Mephistopheles

First Post
What don't I keep in a bag of holding?

I can't help but recall the KoDT shenanigans when these topics come up:

...a group of hirelings that the Knights placed inside a magical bag of holding in order to transport them with them more easily. After Teflon Billy, who was in charge of the bag, forgot to feed the hirelings or let them out of the bag for several months, he was shocked to discover that - rather than dying - they had created a fortress and society within the bag, living off the other resources that the Knights had stored there. This led to a conflict and eventually to several full-scale "Bag Wars" in which the Knights attempted to reclaim their items.

(from Comixpedia)

Last edited:

theskyfullofdust

First Post
My character's don't have a bag yet, but in a previous game our party did stow a dead PC in it, only to discover when we next opened it, that the PC had in fact been killed and turned into a vampire: so we had a vampire in a bag, which we let out one day to help clear a cavern; had to kill him eventually, but that was all part of the fun.

Shemeska

Adventurer
The PCs in my first Planescape campaign had the following:

1) For starters, I ran bags of holding such that items put into them were essentially in stasis, no need for air, etc

- a lead box that You Do Not Freaking Open (containing various and sundry things that they really should not have kept with them)
- a cuprilach rilmani
- a half dozen arcanaloths turned to stone
- a bottle of pickled bebelith eggs (swallow one, shift up or down one planar layer)
- several assorted humans that they forgot about for a while
- several bronze cannons and associated explosive alchemical powder

Remove ads