• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What do you make and what do you do?

Gamers! How much do you make and what do you do?

• I make under $15,000 a year

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • I make $15,001 to $25,000 a year

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • I make $25,001 to $35,000 a year

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • I make $35,001 to $45,000 a year

Votes: 33 13.8%
  • I make $45,001 to $55,000 a year

Votes: 27 11.3%
  • I make $55,001 to $65,000 a year

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I make $65,001 to $75,000 a year

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • I make $75,001 or more a year

Votes: 72 30.1%
  • I am unemployed, a college student, have a disability, or don't earn an income in a regular manner.

Votes: 38 15.9%

• Poll closed .

Lhorgrim

Explorer
I'm the Police Chief of a small to mid sized city in central Kentucky.

My salary is open record as I am a public employee. Our local newspaper prints all the local government employees payrates at least once per year(around budget time) anyway.

I've been with the department for 13 years, and I was promoted to Chief 7 months ago. My salary is $47,000. The median income in my community is ~$35,500.

I graduated from one of the state universities in KY, with a bachelors degree in Social and Behavioral Sciences. I had planned on becoming a teacher, but sort of fell into law enforcement before I found a teaching job.

I think D&D has allowed me to develop the ability to adapt quickly to unusual situations, improve my public speaking and interpersonal communication skills, and learn from the expertise and experiences of other gamers.

Last edited:

darthkilmor

First Post
I'm a software programmer with a BSCS. Most everyone else in our group is either a programmer or IT, and we've mostly known each other since high school.

Seeing everyones different professions is pretty neat :)

Jhaelen

First Post
I'm a software developer, among my players I've got a banker, a journalist, a student (politics), a mechanic, a police officer, a tax inspector, a mechanical engineer and one without regular income.

I think together we're covering pretty much the whole spectrum :)

S. Baldrick

Explorer
I am a software test. Many (but not all) of the people I play with have computer related jobs either in software development or network administration.

As a note, I got my last 3 jobs from contacts that I made through gaming.

Remove ads