• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What do you make and what do you do?

Gamers! How much do you make and what do you do?

• I make under $15,000 a year

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • I make $15,001 to $25,000 a year

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • I make $25,001 to $35,000 a year

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • I make $35,001 to $45,000 a year

Votes: 33 13.8%
  • I make $45,001 to $55,000 a year

Votes: 27 11.3%
  • I make $55,001 to $65,000 a year

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I make $65,001 to $75,000 a year

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • I make $75,001 or more a year

Votes: 72 30.1%
  • I am unemployed, a college student, have a disability, or don't earn an income in a regular manner.

Votes: 38 15.9%

• Poll closed .

Firebeetle

Explorer
My wife has a question I couldn't answer, what do adult D&D players do for a living and how much do they make? We've been discussing the pros and cons of D&D as a hobby for our children and wanted to know how successful players ended up being.

To begin, I am a teacher and I'm a graduate student working on my third degree.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Salary's a private thing for me. But career-wise...

After ten years in management consulting, handling fatigue and alertness in 24-hour operations and designing shift schedules, I swapped careers and went into computer game design. It's dreeeeamy.

My salary is negative considering that I am a medical student. Prior to that I was a firefighter and made $65k. Salary is expected to go up a little in residency for me, then way up after. ;)

Getting multiple degrees seems to hurt your earning power for quite a while, then not necessarily help after. Trust me, I am getting #3 as well, and at 31 I would like to be earning some money. This one should count though. :cool:

Last edited:

Nyarlathotep

Explorer
Piratecat said:
Salary's a private thing for me. But career-wise...

After ten years in management consulting, handling fatigue and alertness in 24-hour operations and designing shift schedules, I swapped careers and went into computer game design. It's dreeeeamy.

We'll see what you have to say at crunch time :)

I run my own business (jewelery store) and as management/owner of a small business obviously make no money at all. As a side effect of my profession, the jewelery/gemstone treasure tables make me cry.

Bookeeper, and general back room management for a small cellphone chain - I do all my work from home on my computer. :)

I have a second job, for fun, at Blockbuster.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
I just joined the ranks of the unemployed on the 15th of this month. Still looking for work currently. Income at the current time is $0.00 :(

Jeff Wilder

First Post
I'm a (currently, and if I have my way, forevermore) non-practicing attorney doing IT and legal support for a very large law firm. As for salary, I make enough that I was able to decide not to continue practicing law, yet remain in the Bay Area.

Remove ads