What do you think the new setting will be, from Ampersand?

Which setting do you hope is released for 4th ed, next?

• Spelljammer

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • Dark Sun

Votes: 119 67.2%
  • Ravenloft

Votes: 18 10.2%
  • Planescape

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Al-Qadim (Arabian adventures)

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • Kara-tur (Eastern adventures)

Votes: 16 9.0%

• Poll closed .

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Pray tell, what specific objections do you have to a setting based on any of the Magic: The Gathering planes? Assuming your revulsion is anything other than a kneejerk reaction.

Why not just assume it was a joke?:-S

I'm pretty sure that Knightfall, Silverblade, Krensky and I were all just joking. I don't think any of us have anything against Magic: The Gathering. I can guarantee I was only joking, and I feel safe in vouching for Knightfall, Silverblade, and Krensky (however, not for anyone else). Personally, whether an actual "World" or not, if WoTC were to develop a campaign setting from the MtG card game, I'd be interested in it. I'd be interested whether it was with 4E mechanics, new independent mechanics (very doubtful), or just a fluff only treatment.

I apologize for my attempts at humor. I had no intention of providing tinder for any game or edition wars. Any such introduction of tinder was purely inadvertant. Personally, I feel it's a damn shame that it's getting harder to joke here anymore without someone taking it too far or taking it the wrong way (whether purposeful or not). (And I'm 100% NOT talking about or commenting on anything Piratecat said.)

I don't play 4E, but I don't have anything against it other than it's just not my cup of tea. But, that doesn't mean I'm not interested in updated campaign settings, whether 4E or not. I picked up the updated Forgotten Realms books, even though they are 4E, because I'm interested in the campaign world. I've got a DDI sub almost exclusively for adventures and campaign setting goodies. I'd pick up the majority of the campaign settings listed in the poll, if updated, even though they'll be 4E. I'm just a bit of a setting slut - fan - that way.;)

Last edited:

Nymrohd

First Post
The more I think about it to be honest, the more I see MtG as a treasure trove for 4E, not so much for settings but mechanics. The power system is universal among classes and thus it is harder to differentiate the crunch between different classes of the same role. WotC is doing a decent job at it, though it could be better with some classes, especially in PHB1, but translating some of the MtG mechanics to power mechanics would be interesting and allow for even more variety in gameplay.

Remove ads