D&D 5E What do you want out of 5E/Next?

RACER_X?HAHAHA

First Post
I think part of the reason D&D lost its soul is because the designers don't actually read and enjoy fantasy fiction anymore. These are dudes with The Cathedral and the Bazaar in their offices, rather than fantasy stuff. Nerds rather than geeks, so to speak.

You know I never even thought of that.

delericho

Legend
I want 5e to encapsulate what I think of as "D&D" as well as 3e does, but to do so significantly better than 3e does. That is, it needs to be at heart the same beast, but must be "better enough" to compel me to switch - in a way that Pathfinder wasn't.

I don't really care about modularity, or supporting different playstyles, or even being able to reuse old adventures or even settings. Any of those would be "nice to have", but if the game meets my key requirements then the "nice to haves" can be sacrificed; and if it doesn't, those "nice to haves" are of no use.

And if 5e doesn't meet my requirements, I want the wisdom to walk away from it entirely, rather than hoping that the next edition will do better (as I did through the lifespan of 4e).

Remove ads