D&D 5E What do YOU Want to See Next?

fnwc

Explorer
MaelStorm said:
The SOCIAL ENCOUNTER system
Unfortunately, I believe WoTC has stated that the social encounter system will only be revealed on launch.

This is likely to be the most contentious system in 4th edition, which might be an underlying reason for their decision.

Hey all! :)

I'd either like to see a feature on Spells with three spells (one Heroic Tier, one Paragon, One Epic) or a feature on Traps, with three Traps showcased (again one per Tier, especially interested to see an Epic Trap thats more than simply more damage).

Li Shenron

Legend
Tusz said:
[Cross posted from the official boards]

With the release of the Rogue article, they've covered the three core principles behind DnD: they've given us finalized, crunchy stats for a race, a class, and a monster (now that I'm looking at it, all around the 20th-25th of each month. Suspicious...). The question becomes, now that they've shown us roughly how each will work, what should they show us next? Maybe someone at WotC will see what's most asked-for and give it to us around mid-late March. Here's what I'd like to see:

-A low-level monster. We know what kinds of things our PCs will be facing when they get into Epic levels, but what of the early days? A full writeup for one of the iconic low-level monsters would be great, especially now that we can pretty much build a level one elf rogue to compare it to. And what's more iconic and low-level than the Kobold?

-A ritual or two. We have a basic idea from the rogue article and various minor leaks what the normal in-combat powers are, but what about outside combat? I'd love to see what kinds of things got moved off the standard list and into the realm of the ritual. Did Teleport get moved? What about Fabricate?

-The Works. We've seen detailed stats for individual elements, but why not show us how it all comes together? I'm not talking about the narratives we see in playtest reports, either. I mean an actual transcript of a real exchange between players and DM. Show us the rolls and bonuses. Shout out your attacks. Fight something interesting and unconfirmed, and use previously-unknown powers to do it.

What kinds of things would you guys like to see?

I want to see the combat rules.

Or even better, I want to see a bunch of people playing to see if it's really a breeze.

hong

WotC's bitch
What I want to see is an after-action report that begins with "It was ten days out from D&D XP when the drugs began to take hold...".

Li Shenron

Legend
Tusz said:
Here's a list of the most popular choices so far.

-Magic System (spells/rituals): 10 (rituals: 5, magic items: 2)
-Another Class: 10 (wizard: 5; paladin: 1; druid: 1; warlock: 1; warlord: 2; different power source: 1)

-Sample Rules: 4 (powers: 1; chase rules: 1; Int: 1)
-Multiclassing: 4
-Social System: 4
-Skills: 4

-A Paragon Path / Epic Destiny: 3
-A sample NPC: 3 (low level: 1)

-Another Race: 2 (dragonborn: 1; new race: 1)
-Low Level Monster: 2

-Sample rounds of gameplay (rolls and all): 1
-DM Tools: 1
-A trap: 1
-A quest: 1
-Monster List: 1
-A Diety: 1
-A Glossary of Game Terms: 1
-A Character Sheet: 1
-The new set of Minis: 1

Scary... most people are more interested in knowing STATIC stuff, rather than the actual mechanics of the game. :uhoh:

Remove ads