D&D 5E What do YOU Want to See Next?

Tusz

First Post
[Cross posted from the official boards]

With the release of the Rogue article, they've covered the three core principles behind DnD: they've given us finalized, crunchy stats for a race, a class, and a monster (now that I'm looking at it, all around the 20th-25th of each month. Suspicious...). The question becomes, now that they've shown us roughly how each will work, what should they show us next? Maybe someone at WotC will see what's most asked-for and give it to us around mid-late March. Here's what I'd like to see:

-A low-level monster. We know what kinds of things our PCs will be facing when they get into Epic levels, but what of the early days? A full writeup for one of the iconic low-level monsters would be great, especially now that we can pretty much build a level one elf rogue to compare it to. And what's more iconic and low-level than the Kobold?

-A ritual or two. We have a basic idea from the rogue article and various minor leaks what the normal in-combat powers are, but what about outside combat? I'd love to see what kinds of things got moved off the standard list and into the realm of the ritual. Did Teleport get moved? What about Fabricate?

-The Works. We've seen detailed stats for individual elements, but why not show us how it all comes together? I'm not talking about the narratives we see in playtest reports, either. I mean an actual transcript of a real exchange between players and DM. Show us the rolls and bonuses. Shout out your attacks. Fight something interesting and unconfirmed, and use previously-unknown powers to do it.

What kinds of things would you guys like to see?

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Monster... well, we've seen one-and-a-half already (pit fiend plus spine devil, though the latter one is probably a bit obsolete now, due to changes in the rules).

So we have a race, a monster, some paladin smites, and a class so far as really crunchy stuff.

So... DM stuff is probably less suited, as it's often less crunchy, and the only previews that *really* delivered were the crunchy ones (and mearls' posts ;) ).

I hope for a "Smattering of Magic" - some sample magic items, one or two rituals, plus some wizardly/clerical/warlockish "spells" - because we now have an impression of martial guys work, it'd be nice to see the other side.

Plus, some nice wizard things would certainly put my fears to rest! ;)

Other nice things could be either skills or... the diplomacy/social system!

Cheers, LT.

MaelStorm

First Post
More details on game mechanic: how Healing Surges works, how Skills works and a Skill List, more on the functioning of Powers, more on the new CR system, etc.

One of the new races: Dragonborn, Thiefling, and Eladrin.

Other power source class: 1 arcane, or 1 divine class.

One low-level monster entry.

Tons and tons of crunchies!!!

MaelStorm said:
More details on game mechanic: how Healing Surges works, how Skills works and a Skill List, more on the functioning of Powers, more on the new CR system, etc.

One of the new races: Dragonborn, Thiefling, and Eladrin.

Other power source class: 1 arcane, or 1 divine class.

One low-level monster entry.

Tons and tons of crunchies!!!

I want to see the Wizard.

Ken

How about a write-up of the chase rule suggestion in the DMG, preferably with 3.x compatible crunch conversion? (similar to the death and dying rules).
Or the same for social encounter rules?
Or a sample Quest?

Remove ads