D&D 5E What do YOU Want to See Next?

TwinBahamut

First Post
I want to see a Paragon Path. Those are one of the things I am most curious about in the new edition, and are not something we are likely to see from the D&D Experience info.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I really would like to see how the 4E magic system works, because that is going to be the biggest deal-maker (or deal-breaker) for me.

For my group anyway, the D&D game has always been about the rare, mystical force of magic and its effects on the world...so if the game developers cheese out the power level and/or make it as commonplace as interposable thumbs, I will never buy another book. But if they make it easy to learn and use, if they make it more than just an explain-all toolkit for unimaginative (or overimaginative) gamers, if they make it something that is both customizable and optional without breaking the game...I will sell all of my 3.5 books and embrace the new edition with open arms.

I can overlook the wierd names and wierd "flavor" elements. I can get past the seemingly redundant races and classes. I can live with the piecemeal pantheon and the vague "points of light in a dark world" theme. I can even live with re-learning all of the game mechanics, from skills to attack rolls to save throws. But if they mess up magic, I am officially no longer interested.

So, no pressure or anything. :)

Last edited:

Fallen Seraph

First Post
I imagine Streetwise be similar to Streetwise in WoD. So good for urban, illegal stuff and that sort, and knowing urban connections, as well as being knowledgeable on how to track in a city or disappear in a city, etc. Essentially Urban version of Nature.

WoD Streetwise: "Characters possessing this Skill know how life on the streets works and are adept at surviving by its harsh rules. Streetwise characters can gather information, make contacts, buy and sell on the black market, and otherwise make use of the street's unique resources. The Skill is also important for navigating urban dangers, avoiding the law, and staying on the right side of the wrong people."

Belorin

Explorer
I too would like to see something from the magic system, it's not so much a deal breaker for me, but I am interested.

Bel

Last edited:

jodyjohnson

Adventurer
The miniature list from DoD2. Where's the signup for Miniature Collectors Anonymous?

Four long days ...

And then let the jonesing for the set list of Against the Giants begin.

Remove ads