• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What do you want WOTC to release as the next 4e campaign setting?

Which previous campaign setting do you want WOTC to release for 4e?

wedgeski

Adventurer
Of those, I think Dark Sun would be the most interesting. Speaking as a Dragonlance fan, I think that seeting was mined for just about all it was worth in 3e; the concept of Ravenloft now appears to have become core, and in style; Spelljammer is a little 'out there' this early in 4E's run; and Greyhawk... meh, I can see it happening, but I don't anticipate it following straight after FR.

So, Dark Sun all the way.

questing gm

First Post
After they're done with Eberron next year, it might be Dragonlance in 2010.

After that....i guess it's Dark Sun.

Don't really think I have a choice afterall. But yeah, one vote for Birthright.

justanobody

Banned
Banned
I said Spelljammer because anything could fit there as it including everywhere anyway...

I wouldn't want to see Dragonlance butchered in the way the Realms were to adapt to 4th edition.

questing gm

First Post
I said Spelljammer because anything could fit there as it including everywhere anyway...

I wouldn't want to see Dragonlance butchered in the way the Realms were to adapt to 4th edition.

Oddly enough, the consensus that I heard from the FR fans is, 'At least we weren't butchered like DL until now.' :eek:

justanobody

Banned
Banned
Oddly enough, the consensus that I heard from the FR fans is, 'At least we weren't butchered like DL until now.' :eek:

Well at least Greenwood still works with FR. Do you think Tracy or Margaret will work with WotC for 4th?

Kenders would be gone, Draconians would be turned into offshoot dragonborn, or allow draconian PCs, both of which would violate DL having dragon-people running around not under the control a Tak.

then you have such a heavy tie to the gods like Paladine, any the wau 4th treats gods as not touching to world of mortals, it would be as if Tanis was right all along!

The gods have left this word!

Welcome to the new cataclysm!

Oh wait. There would be a time skip of a few centuries and the Grey Stone has come back that changed draconians into dragonborn, and kender into normal halflings, and everyone that should still be alive is dead because like the dinosaurs they got to old and fat and turned to oil, and then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benz's.....

(1 XP to whoever first gets that last part.)

Shemeska

Adventurer
In all honesty, I only put those 5 options because I can't imagine WOTC ever releasing a 4e Planescape setting...not with the new cosmology and the manual of the planes book, etc. I really just don't think it's part of their plan (my opinion). I listed the 5 settings I thought might have a chance of being revamped for 4e.

I don't think they will either. They seem hellbent on making any setting conform as much as possible to the 4e core, and the setting's unique elements be damned if need be in the process. I fear that we wouldn't see a 4e Planescape that didn't require use of the 4e PoL cosmology, and given the previews of the 4e MotP, I'm not interested.

I'd rather a setting I love remain unused for an edition and well remembered rather than hacked apart like FR fans already had to go through.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads