• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What does your ENWorld name mean?

Bold or Stupid

First Post
Bold or Stupid

It's what people call my main LARP character, he's a Fox man, the Bold bit is an obscure children's book reference (Fox Cub Bold). The or Stupid is because basically his actions are either one or the other (mostly depending on success).

International Fox of Mystery - I have travel everywhere and no one understands me.

The top speed I ever achieved in my mighty Tornado F3 ws Mach 1.9. The pants bit was a joke from a friend about wearing my lucky supersonic undies, I said 'Yes I am wearing my Mach1.9 pants'
and it stuck

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
So, why did you choose your name for your ENWorld account, and what does it mean/what does it come from?

I had lurked without registering a name ever since Eric's original site, but when I finally decided to pick a name I couldn't think of anything, so I tried Pseudonym and was surprised to find it available.

I was thinking along the lines of Ima Pseudonym or Ivan Alias in a Bart Simpson prank call kind of way. I've since used it on several RPG forums or if that is taken Pseudonym93, the 93 being from Crowley's writings.

Back in the early 90's I was playing in a GURPS homebrew fantasy campaign. Our GM (S.John Ross) had written an article about unlimited mana and wanted to playtest it in his campaign.

I created a demonologist named Kormydigar who was a bit of a nutcase. I was determined to test these new unlimited mana rules and see just how unlimited they actually were.

Over the campaign I spent mana freely, it was unlimited after all. :p

After suffering several detrimental effects, he was quite unstable both magically and mentally speaking. We were captured by some bad guys and I didn't feel like answering questions from this one guy so I decided that it would be a good time to summon a demon-instantaneously.

In the magical backlash caused by this absurd expenditure of mana, Kormydigar exploded in a most spectacular fashion killing several bad guys and blowing a hole in the wall allowing my companions to escape. :)

I got to play the first character to ever blow up from the U-mana system and got a screen name out of the deal. Good times. I am Kormydigar on some boards and EW on others.

Nadaka

First Post
My name means "Divine Wind" one Indian dialect and "far traveler" in another. It is the name of the fiery sword wielded by Lord Vishnu.

In Japanese Ashi-Nadaka is the name of a goddess Princess-of-eight-rivers-and-inlets.

It is the also the name of a really annoying Indian pop singer and a Japanese actor of unknown quality.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads