• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What does your ENWorld name mean?

Man in the Funny Hat. It's a reference to a line from Willy Wonka (the good version with the inimitable Gene Wilder.) It also fits because I like hats and almost always wear one. People don't wear enough hats.

The name I was using before was "D+1" which was secretly a clue to... a secret. But I never told anybody there was a secret, nor that the name was a clue. I got tired of it and MitFH sounded better.

DrunkonDuty

he/him
I wanted to use "DnD" in it in some way. DrunkoNDuty fit both for this and my life style.

Although I don't achieve this state so much now as I am no longer a bartender.

cheers.

Orius

Legend
When I first ventured online, I needed a name. I figured all the good names from various SF universes were already taken, so like a lot of posters in this thread, I dipped into my D&D campaign. However, egotist that I am, I didn't settle for the name of a PC or NPC.

Nope, only the name of one of the gods from my campaign was good enough. :D

Orius was the god of magic and knowledge in my 3rd campaign world (later recycled into my 5th). Naturally I chose this name because of my supreme nerdiness, and because in RPGs I like playing the wizard whenever possible. Unfortunately, the name gets taken every now and then, and in the old days, I'd use the_real_orius defiantly. These days I just stick a 3 on the end of it, because 3 is the greatest number ever.

Siberys

Adventurer
Siberys is one of the dragons in Eberron's creation myth. I'm a huge Eberron nerd, so when I first registered on the Wizards boards in late 2004, I used that. I've used it ever since. Unfortunately, people have a terrible tendency to misspell it Syberis, much like the seeming compunction to misspell Eberron as Ebberon. :rant:

If Siberys is ever taken, I use dragonabove instead (if you know Eberron, the reason is obvious).

I also use astralArchivist (in relation to a comic I read), and, more recently, Widget (my initials are WJT... Fairly straightforward).

buddhafrog

First Post
the two ends of the spectrum, the divinity and base mortality in all of us.... and I was high and listening to the Door's "Peace Frog" when I first needed an internet nickname many a year ago.

Tymophil

Explorer
Tymophil is the name of my very first character for Dungeons & Dragons, the very first roleplaying game I played.

He was a half-elf ranger, created in 1981. He got murdered by a Dungeon master that our club had invited for a one shot where the DM killed all the player-characters by telling us that "time was up"...

Sebastianelgar

First Post
It's the name I use in one of my other geeky hobbies, the SCA. Which came about because I started out interested in archery so St. Sebastian (martyred by arrows) and Elgar (which means elf-spear, arrows of a sort)
Sebastian

SkredlitheOgre

Explorer
Skredli the Ogre is a secondary character in the book "Bitter Gold Hearts" by Glen Cook. He ends up getting killed at the end. When I was making an ogre character for GURPS, this name popped immediately to mind. I use this name for all of the RPG/fantasy boards I go on and it's even my gmail address.

Another cool thing is that, for a while anyway, my wife was using the name Donni Pell, who is Skredli's human girlfriend.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads