D&D General What elements does D&D need to keep? ENWorld vs. rpg.net

JEB

Legend
You know, it might be useful to construct a new set of polls in the future that ask the question in the negative sense, e.g. "what five things from this list would you accept being COMPLETELY REMOVED from the game, so they'd never be seen or used again except as explicit house-rules?" or the like.

It's obviously harder to construct a negative poll than a positive one in this context, but that might help differentiate the "we see this as a MUST" from more middling "it's not for me but it's a D&D thing, sure."
Well, I was pretty clear with the poll that voting for it meant "I actively want to keep this". There's more ambiguity to what not voting for a thing meant (could mean "get rid of it", could mean "meh"), but voting for it was supposed to be pretty clear.

Granted, I can't control if respondents interpreted the question differently anyway, but that would also be true of the "what do you think should be removed?" version... you might get folks who also think "well, it isn't for me, but it's a D&D thing so I won't vote to remove it."

Basically, no poll is perfect.

EDIT: That said, if you or anyone else want to field a "what elements should D&D get rid of?" poll, I'll certainly be interested in the results... just pointing out that it would only be as definitive as the above, but in reverse.

Last edited:

Remove ads