What Fall TV Premiers are you excited for?

fba827

Adventurer
So, what NEW fall TV shows are people excited for?

I don't follow the entertainment news so I am trying to see what I should check out and set my DVR for ...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Gotham - wary, but hopeful.

Doctor Who - oh, it's back already! Woohoo!

Arrow s3 - that show keeps getting better.

Flash - wary, but hopeful.

SHIELD 2 - hmmm. Wary, but hopeful.

Walking Dead - I think this is the year I'll tire of it like I did with True Blood.

Big Bang Theory - though I think it's starting to get old.

Downton Abbey - so sue me. I like it.

Constantine - wary, but hopeful.

Star Wars Rebels - might be a little kiddy, but hopeful.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
For entirely new shows:

Gotham
Agent Carter (actually in winter - Jan 2015, but I want to list it because I hope it will be good)
Constantine - will probably stink, but we can hope.

Returning shows:

I liked the first season of Sleepy Hollow, so I'm hoping it'll stay taht good for a bit.
Walking Dead - went some less-than-grand places last season. Hoping they come back. Plus, Tasha Yar!
Doctor Who - this is the first season that I'm actually caught up, so I hope to stay within a week or two of being in synch with the rest of the universe...

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
  • Constantine - have hope for this but will see
  • The Flash - Arrow is not a bad show but I would hate to see the same shows with different costumes. Will check it out.
  • Forever - have hope for this but will see
  • Gotham - don't know, just don't feel it but will check it out
  • Selfie - (Karen Gillan)
  • Gracepoint - USA remake of Broadchurch (David Tennant)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Oh, yes, Gallavant! There's rumor Weird Al is going to appear in an episode.

I'm going to guess this show might be too silly to last long, but it might be fun while it lasts.

Jhaelen

First Post
I'm not really in the picture what new shows there will be - it typically takes some time until they're available on FreeTV here in Germany.
So, looking over what was mentioned in this thread:

Gotham - should be cool
Doctor Who - not my cup of tea
Arrow s3 - meh. I'll probably keep watching it, but it doesn't excite me
Flash - could be interesting
SHIELD 2 - my expectations are low, considering what I read about it so far
Walking Dead - can't wait! the last season was terrific!
Big Bang Theory - mhm, I'm not a big fun of comedies, this is one of the few I watch from time to time
Downton Abbey - i was a bit disappointed about the last season, but overall I still think it's great
Constantine - see Flash: could be interesting
Star Wars Rebels - yuck!
Agent Carter - no idea
Sleepy Hollow - first season was terribad, so, nope
Forever - huh, hadn't heard about this one before, sounds potentially interesting
Selfie - probably as stupid as its title
Gracepoint - why a remake? Apart from that, it could be good.
Gallavant - umm, no, I guess

I have no idea when they'll be shown here, but apart from 'Walking Dead' and 'Downton Abbey', I'm most looking forward to
- The Americans s2
- House of Cards s2 & 3 (s2 starting next week, yay!)
- Game of Thrones s4+
- True Detective

morgurth

Villager
Definitely:

Person of Interest
The Blacklist
Doctor Who
Sleepy Hollow

Watch a few and see:
Flash
Constantine
Gotham
Agent Carter

Maybe:
Elementary (I missed the last 4 of last season).

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
The only TV I watch these days is Doctor Who (its a religious duty) and the Arrow
(I tried SHEILD but was disappointed and stopped and Big Bang Theory jumped the minnow when it become the Sheldon Show)

I am hopeful about the Flash, Arrow has got the brooding vigilante right and a lighter take with more superpowers could be fun.

I'll likely give Gotham a look too

I didn't get to see either Penny Dreadful or Sleepy Hollow this season - how were they?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I didn't get to see either Penny Dreadful or Sleepy Hollow this season - how were they?

I like Sleepy Hollow, but I can see that it might not be for everyone.

It has a strong, well-developed, female lead who is not, through the entire first season, a romantic interest for the male lead. The male lead is a "man out of time", and while some folks may feel what they do with that is cheesey, I think they use it as a way to make some side commentary on the modern world.

The acting is pretty good - they have Orlando Jones and John Noble, and the rest of the cast keeps up with them.

If, back in the day, you watched "Friday the 13th, the Series" (which has *nothing* to do with the movie franchise), you might like Sleepy Hollow - it has some similarities of tone, but modernized, and with more plot.

Last edited:

Remove ads