D&D 5E What feat next? :)

Thanee

First Post
Hmm... not a bad idea. I had thought about Reach Spell, but I didn't really think about the spontaneous application. :)

Bye
Thanee

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Thanee said:
Hmm... not a bad idea. I had thought about Reach Spell, but I didn't really think about the spontaneous application. :)

Reach has other good applications (one of the reasons I suggested it earlier in the thread).

Reach Harm or Reach Heal for example.

Reach Shield of Faith for when one ally is swamped by opponents.

Reach Water Breathing or Water Walking.

Reach Bestow Curse.

Reach all of the buff spells.

Reach all of the magic weapon/vestment spells.

Clerics have so many touch spells (probably 3 or more per level on average) that it is a natural fit. There are probably 30 or more clerical spells that have a range of touch.

Voadam

Legend
What sources are you limited to?

There are some nice rogue ones in Traps and Treachery.

for an archer the one that extends sneak attack to 45 feet range is quite nice.

Nyambe turns uncanny dodge and evasion chain of class powers into feats, I think you could get improved evasion.

Hong has a bunch of Charisma based feats that are quite nice, check them out through the link in his sig.

If you want noncombat, think about dynasties and demagogues, it has political feats (I don't have it so I can't recommend any).

I don't like it for flavor reasons (I like small no NPC parties) but leadership is effective.

Have you thought about an item creation feat? Making what you want is nice.

Shazman

Banned
Banned
I'd go for reach spell if you want ot do some rangerd healing and buffing. Manyshot if you want to improve your archery skills.

Shallown

First Post
There's A feat i think is from the Netbook of feats I would reccomend.

Durable magic - Adds +2 to your caster level for purposes of your spells reissting being dispelled.

Seems you depend on your Buffs somewhat and making those hard to get rid of only helps you.

Later

Thanee

First Post
KarinsDad said:
Reach has other good applications (one of the reasons I suggested it earlier in the thread).

Sooorrry! :)

Anyways, the spontaneous application eluded me and that would be the main reason to choose the feat, as the +2 levels are still quite a turnoff for regular use (because of her being 2 caster levels below the maximum already).

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
Shallown said:
Durable magic - Adds +2 to your caster level for purposes of your spells reissting being dispelled.

I think a similar feat is in some official book as well.

I had thought about that once, but now with the ring of counterspelling and high enough level to render standard dispels rather ineffective already, it's not really necessary.

Bye
Thanee

Remove ads