• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What game mechanics etc. do you, the DM, forbid?

Belen

Adventurer
I tell my players' core only to start, unless they really want to work with me on something. Otherwise, anything not found in the PHB is subject to a case by case ruling.

Henry

Autoexreginated
BelenUmeria said:
I tell my players' core only to start, unless they really want to work with me on something. Otherwise, anything not found in the PHB is subject to a case by case ruling.

That's me in simple terms.

Storm Raven

First Post
Bardsandsages said:
I am, however, beginning to determine that I need to do something about summoned creatures. I've got a party of 18th level character right now with all the high level summoning spells. Possibly a one summoning per encounter rule. I'm getting tired of tracking the actions of 3 PC, multiple NPCs, monsters and summoned creatures.

Make summoned creatures easy on yourself. They should act on the summoner's action, and in general, it works just fine to let the player who summoned them control them.

gamecat

Explorer
A select few PrC's (Seeker of the Song, Fohulcan Lyricist); Races with ECL's higher than 1.

I handle PrC's in a "realistic justification" manner. Could someone possibly be a Paladin/Wizard/Sword Mage/Pious Templar? Likely, but it'd be a hell of a backstory.

A Figher/Rogue/Bard/Sword Mage/Blackguard/Assasin? Lame.

StupidSmurf

First Post
No psionics.

None of the new races from the "Races Of..." are allowed

Weapons aren't sized. They're just...weapons.

Magic armor DOES shrink or expand to fit.

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
As a dm, I don't allow follow-up attacks off of AoO (such as improved trip or cleave) and I don't exclude non rogue classes from using search and disable device to their full capacity.

The most common one I've seen mentioned is DMs who do not allow godless clerics, though most don't seem to view it as removing a standard option. (There was the misaprehension on LEW as well that they were an idea which had to be approved rather than right there in the core rules....)

Okay, I give up. What's LEW?

Aus_Snow

First Post
I've seen the Orb spells mentioned on more than one occasion, in this context. A set of spells commonly disallowed, it would seem. I suppose it must be that whole no save, no SR thing right?

They're the kind of thing I was meaning though. Stuff that's just too whack, but from books that you otherwise allow things from as a general rule.

Feats from here, spells from there, PrC's from yonder. That's the gist.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads