• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What happened to Realmscrafters?

HalfElfSorcerer

First Post
Does anyone know what happened to Realmscrafters? (Their site is hosted on ENWorld.) What is on their website is intriguing, but there hasn't been an update since January! Is there anyone that knows what's going on?

Cergorach

The Laughing One
That my dear sir is what's called Vaporware (no offense Jamis), the only real advancements that where made (and seen by the public) was the work by JamisBuck (some kewl stuff). To bad that Jamis is now a daddy and really doesn't have the time to complete the project in the forseeable future (hich is completely understandable).

Personally i've given up on Realmscrafters (maybe it's time to take the site down guys ;-), there are people actually hard at work on other solutions.
PCGen
Role Playing Master (RPM)
DM Familiar
And many others, just take a look around...

Sorry for the negative perspective, but there was just to much hype and till no actual product.

DMFTodd

DM's Familiar
That's DM's Familiar, bub. No respect, no respect.

Realmscrafter is still alive as a project far as I know. The have slowed down a bit but claim to still be plugging away.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Whoops ;-)

Realmscrafter is still alive as a project far as I know. The have slowed down a bit but claim to still be plugging away.

Is it? (rethorical question)
I'm sure that some of their members are still coding away happily, but is the project still viable? At the pase it is going, it won't be out for many, many, many (did i say a lot of) months. There are allready many good solutions, and many are comming out (Master Tools is one example), does it still have a place in the market? What does it have to offer that other programs can't do?

Noted the claim bit, that's what we call vaporware :p

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
they are still coding on the Palm i take it? I would rather see it come out with the code for the PPC as well. MS has a new toolset for Windows CE.net and that makes it much more developer friendly for people to code info for PPC.

Remove ads