What has been fixed?

Twowolves

Explorer
In the Bestiary Preview, for example, they have "quick" and "rebuild" versions of a few templates, with the fast being "quick and dirty" and useable on the fly by DMs, and the more comprehensive version being more accurate but more time consuming, presumably for use in game-prep. For example, one such template is "Advanced Creature", for use instead of the advancement rules (which would be a form of comprehensive advancement). Another such template is "Giant" and another is sort of a debuff template called "Young".

Mathius

First Post
The Nerfing

My group and I have been playing Pathfinder for about a month now. I find it to be a very solid interpretation of the 3.x rules and love the way they retrofitted the classes. They all seem to be a little more balanced (although I will begrudgingly admit that no class system is perfect). My favorite class change has to be the Fighter. Although they seemingly nerfed Power Attack (I haven't found it to be nerfed as I never used it in 3.x), they turned Cleave and Great Cleave into monstrous feats. This chain alone makes the Fighter a force of nature. Combine that with the Armor Training and the Weapon Training, and you've got a warlord with a tremendous armor class and the ability to be a master of every weapon in the game at higher levels.

That kicks arse.

bielmic

Explorer
My group and I have been playing Pathfinder for about a month now. I find it to be a very solid interpretation of the 3.x rules and love the way they retrofitted the classes. They all seem to be a little more balanced (although I will begrudgingly admit that no class system is perfect). My favorite class change has to be the Fighter. Although they seemingly nerfed Power Attack (I haven't found it to be nerfed as I never used it in 3.x), they turned Cleave and Great Cleave into monstrous feats. This chain alone makes the Fighter a force of nature. Combine that with the Armor Training and the Weapon Training, and you've got a warlord with a tremendous armor class and the ability to be a master of every weapon in the game at higher levels.

That kicks arse.

someone in my group asked how the new cleave worked and the best thing i could think of was to say "It's basically a three stooges face slap!" you hit the first guy and continue to slap the guy next to him, lol. hey eric, can i get that example in the next printing and the credit for it?? :)

Remove ads