• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What I lost on my return from Gencon

BSF

Explorer
On a more serious note: Work your way up the chain of command a bit with the airline. Be reasonable but firm. You don't need to go off on the person on the phone. Calmly explain to them why you think somebody screwed up big time. If the dagger is unique, or limited edition, emphatically explain that some of the items lost are not common consumer items that can be readily replaced.

From the perspective of the airline, you are more a statistic. It isn't personal, they made a mistake and they will probably put forth a little effort to find the luggage and then reimburse you. From your perspective, this is your stuff that they lost. It is personal to you! Don't be abusive, but don't let them brush you aside as a statistic. Make sure they put forth more than just the token effort to find your stuff.

As well, you might try to contact the TSA http://www.tsa.gov/public/. I'm not sure they can do much, but it can't hurt to check.

TalonComics

First Post
I had a piece of luggage "lost" in France and eventually they found it. It took a close to a couple of months but I did get it back with everything totally intact. Maybe just give it a little time?

~D

BrooklynKnight

First Post
Time I dont have. The 3.5 books i obviously need and dont have money to buy new ones.
the dagger was a gift for my dad...

If i get the claim money at least i can rebuy MOST of the stuff.

A good portion of those books were signed (by Monte, by TGM) and stuff. Those cant be replaced unless I shell out over 20$ for shipping per books.

adndgamer

First Post
Sorry to hear about it! My only advice follows what others have already said: Keep at the airlines!

If the airlines re-imburse you, and they find your luggage down the way, do you get your luggage back?

Kichwas

Half-breed, still living despite WotC racism
According to the show I saw, lost luggage goes through a number of steps.

At the initial point of loss, they call any tags and get it resolved. Failing here it goes on to some middle place still connected with the airline where they have people who try to place it, or hold it for a call from someone. After some time it goes to a third party that puts it on file for a few months and may open it up and search through to try and find some means of identifying the owner. It will stay here for some months.

Eventually they sell it to eh shop I mentioning above, which has some sort of license to legally take and sell off this stuff. Once that shop has it, they've bought it and it's open season on the goods.

ssampier

First Post
too bad...

That stinks ArthurQ. Too bad you don't have lost luggage protection. It's a service offered by many credit cards where you book your flight on the credit card and they reimburse you for lost luggage expenses up to a $X of money.

Some things obviously cannot be returned (like the signed books), but at least you could have gotten cash for your lost stuff.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads