D&D 5E What is a good 5e build for a 'Sniper'

generic

On that metempsychosis tweak
Okay, after some feedback, I've resolved that my goal is just to maximize the damage of one shot (for flavor), not necessarily get a one-shot kill. I still think sneaking, Rogue, and crit-fishing are important, and Ranger might be important (especially for getting both Gloom Stalker and an extra attack, as well as some cool spells for use in combat.

Esker

Hero
Here's a crazy idea: Tempest Cleric 2 / Gloomstalker 9 / Assassin 9. Use lightning arrow. All damage, including sneak attack, becomes lightning damage, and therefore eligible for destructive wrath. At level 20 with sharpshooter and a crit, you get 10d8+10d6+15, which is 155 when using destructive wrath. Still not one-shotting anything at that level, but it beats the pants off of Assassin 20 for single shot burst damage.

generic

On that metempsychosis tweak
Here's a crazy idea: Tempest Cleric 2 / Gloomstalker 9 / Assassin 9. Use lightning arrow. All damage, including sneak attack, becomes lightning damage, and therefore eligible for destructive wrath. At level 20 with sharpshooter and a crit, you get 10d8+10d6+15, which is 155 when using destructive wrath. Still not one-shotting anything at that level, but it beats the pants off of Assassin 20 for single shot burst damage.

Thanks! It's still a pretty sweet build at lower levels, I might try it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases