What is a Jaded Player?

Belen

Adventurer
I had a player once who was very critical of how I ran the game. He wanted all this freedom, but when he ran a game, the players could not even choose the classes they wanted! The same player purposely sought the most broken combos to "compete/win" the game and then whined if he did not get his way.

WizarDru

Adventurer
BelenUmeria said:
I had a player once who was very critical of how I ran the game. He wanted all this freedom, but when he ran a game, the players could not even choose the classes they wanted! The same player purposely sought the most broken combos to "compete/win" the game and then whined if he did not get his way.

That's not jaded, that's just a jerk. :)

BlackMoria

First Post
LG_BUDDHA_WITH_STAND.jpg

I took a picture of my jaded player. Here he is sitting down for a game session.

Yep, your right.... he should knock off the junk food, he is getting a little soggy around the middle.

diaglo

Adventurer
BlackMoria said:
LG_BUDDHA_WITH_STAND.jpg

I took a picture of my jaded player. Here he is sitting down for a game session.

Yep, your right.... he should knock off the junk food, he is getting a little soggy around the middle.
BlackMoria,

you are my new personal hero.

one of the items the party recovered in my campaign looks exactly like this.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
BlackMoria said:

Maybe, but then he isn't in danger of getting the Shadowlands Taint any time soon ;)

I always claim that I have the body of a God! Buddha's a god, after all...

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Oryan77 said:
The DM puts hours of work into his game each week only to have a player critisize it and compare his style of DMing to previous DM's they've had.
I know one player that fits this description to a T. Thankfully she moved away, so I at least dont have to deal with her again.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
BlackMoria said:
<snip>

Egad! You must have had a runi in with one of my previous gamers, Dave Kornblett.

MarkAHart

Explorer
A jaded player (or jaded gamer) is someone who goes to GenCon and sees nothing interesting or intriguing. A jaded player acts as if he has seen it all, and has lost that kid in the candy store feeling when new games show up at the FLGS.

DarrenGMiller

First Post
I thought of another one: The jaded player spends a long period of time agonizing over character concept, choosing skills, feats, writing a backstory, etc. and after only one or two sessions he declares, "I am not interested in this character any more. I want to switch."

Both of my examples are drawn from the same player who, thankfully, is no longer at my table.

DM

Tatsukun

Danjin Masutaa
Kae'Yoss said:
I always claim that I have the body of a God! Buddha's a god, after all...

[Nitpicker's corner]
"The Buddha" is not actually a god in the western sense. The character is human, but ascended to heaven. It'd be a better parallel to say the Buddha is like a prophet, rather than a god."

[/Nitpicker's corner]

What about a jaded DM? Surely people here have played with one / been one!

A DM who describes important NPC's as "He's a dwarf, he looks like a dwarf, why are you asking about his clothes!?"

-Tatsu

Remove ads