OSR What is OSRIC and Hackmaster

HelloChristian

First Post
OSRIC is essentially 1e.

Hackmaster starts with an AD&Dish base and adds on to it, and also includes humorous or satirical elements. I find that the "humor" gets in the way of my enjoyment. .

There's an Actual Play thread at rpg.net about a Hackmaster campaign. The thread captures the humor of which you speak. I find it really, really enjoyable. :)

Here's the link if anyone is interested: [Hackmaster] Strike the Earth! - RPGnet Forums

justanobody

Banned
Banned
Yes, I actually have that on CD right now in front of me. Back in the day we used it. But it's been so long I can't remember anything about it or how useful it was or what it exactly covered. Does Wizards have the latest download for free? Since this is available then how come that other thread is posting questions on what one would do if a 3rd party re-released 2.0 but better. Like Rules Cyclopedia?

Sadly Evermore88 and its website no longer exists to get xpx or xpt goodies like a LOT of material input for use with the software.

Many people want physical books, and think that supporting them would be great even for a compiled book of an older edition. WotC may never want to do that as it would compete with sales of their current books, but there are many people who would not buy current WotC books but would jump on the chance to get 2nd, 1st, and even 3rd edition versions of a Rules Cyclopedia for them and this would give WotC money where it would be getting none, but WotC does not see the expense of making them to be cost effective for the profits or something. I guess they would want to bloat it with new artowrk or something, or just cannot legally make the old books, or fear that people would buy them and not the new edition.....

Core Rules takes getting used to after a while of not using, and you should be able to find the latest patches.

Wizards of the Coast - Electronic Media contains the complete book of necromancers patch.

Internet Archive Wayback Machine Might have other patches or at least digging a little may tell you the most up to date patch for the version you have (with/out expansion)

Remove ads