• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E what is pathfinder?

freeAgent

Explorer
And finally, print books vs. PDFs. All of their material is available in PDFs. When the hardcover main books are $39.95, you can get the PDF for $9.95. When a new printing with errata comes out, you get notified that a new PDF is available to download for free. Major bonus points in my book for that one. If you purchase the hardcover books direct from Paizo instead of Amazon at a discount, you get the corresponding PDFs for free. (I believe)

This is only true if you subscribe to them. If you buy the books ad-hoc (like I do), you have to pay for the book and PDF separately even when you purchase the book through Paizo. That said, I LOVE that Paizo publishes PDFs and I love even more that they update the PDFs with errata and let you download the updated versions for free.

The officially sanctioned PDFs combined with the online SRDs (official and fan-based...I prefer the fan-based d20pfsrd.com) make Pathfinder more technology-friendly than D&D. As someone who doesn't like to have more physical stuff than necessary, I really appreciate that.

I also agree with what other people have said. Pathfinder is basically an evolution of 3.5, so it's very familiar to D&D players. One final note is that you should also look into tools like Hero Lab, PCGen, and Combat Manager. They're all software made by 3rd parties that support Pathfinder and make character generation and/or running games extremely easy without asking for a monthly subscription fee (2/3 of those programs are completely free).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads