What is the best chain fast food restaurant?

What is the best chain fast food restaurant?

Once or twice a year, after a very long drinking session, WC sounds irresistible to me. Would not go any other time.
I dunno if I could risk it even when all liquored up. That said, I do still get the frozen ones regularly (well, annually now, so as to not kill my heart).

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I dunno if I could risk it even when all liquored up. That said, I do still get the frozen ones regularly (well, annually now, so as to not kill my heart).

It takes a lot more than gettin' likkered up to get me to a White Castle.

nph2.gif

Raising Cane's only works with the sauce, IMO, which is where the whole things falls down.
Raising Cane's was so hyped up to me, that I was excited to see one opening up about 2 miles from my house. We went by there a few days after it opened and... very disappointing. The chicken didn't have much flavor and when I asked a coworker who swore it was the best thing ever why she thought that, she asked if I had the sauce. A few others have repeated that statement, so yeah, guess Raising Canes falls in the "isn't for me" category. I shouldn't need sauce to enjoy fried chicken. It doesn't help that as I'm getting older, I eat less and less fried food so it has to be worth it for me to use up one of my rare fried food meals on. lol

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Raising Cane's was so hyped up to me, that I was excited to see one opening up about 2 miles from my house. We went by there a few days after it opened and... very disappointing. The chicken didn't have much flavor and when I asked a coworker who swore it was the best thing ever why she thought that, she asked if I had the sauce. A few others have repeated that statement, so yeah, guess Raising Canes falls in the "isn't for me" category. I shouldn't need sauce to enjoy fried chicken. It doesn't help that as I'm getting older, I eat less and less fried food so it has to be worth it for me to use up one of my rare fried food meals on. lol
For me, if you do one thing (chicken strips) you gotta kill it. Every time I get Cane's the strips are hot, fries crispy, toast buttery, and coleslaw fresh. Ice cold coke and its the complete strip basket.

Now, I tried the much beloved Chic Filet and I thought it was very overrated. Like, Id rather have a McChicken overrated.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Wouldn't that description also apply to Five Guys? I've been to locations in the DC metro area and Minneapolis/St. Paul and none of them that I can recall have drive-thrus.
I was under the impression that at least some of their locations were more traditional drive-thrus. I could certainly be wrong.

In any case, the line between fast food and fast casual is pretty blurry, with marketers intentionally making it moreso.

aco175

Legend
I finally got the chance to go back to Hardees since I was in the Army earlier this year. It was kind of like 3e in that I remember it being better than when you play it again. My daughter liked it almost as well as Chick-Fil-A, but something was missing for me. I grew up with a Dairy Queen in my hometown and lived next to it for a while and found it always good except the fries are kind of hit or miss.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I love condiments, but they're like icing on a cake. Great icing is fantastic, but if the rest of the cake is dry and bland, you still failed at making a cake.

A2Z

Explorer
In-N-Out has pretty great burgers, but their fries are a crime against humanity. Being in Canada there's a lot of these I haven't tried. Shake Shack is on my list though.

We've got The Burger's Priest around south western Ontario. They're pretty small though, less than 30 locations in two provinces. But their burgers and fries are great! Expensive though.

Funny to see this thread as I just watched this the other day;

Remove ads