Pathfinder 1E What is the easiest way to catch up on GOlarion Lore?

Mournblade94

Adventurer
I am tired of trying to figure out how to create a thread at PAIZO, so I will ask Here:

For someone like me that has no background information of GOlarion, what are the best products to buy (I prefer print material) to learn the lore and the land.

Is it AP, because I bought Crimson throne and Legacy of fire, but I am not sure these are the best sources for lore.

I have PF companion but they are just some maps.

What products are best to buy to discover the lore?

I like to be very familiar with LOre before I run something like an AP.

Also if someone here could tell me how to start a thread at PAIZO I would be much obliged,

Until Swords Part!

Carl

Jason Bulmahn

Adventurer
Hi there Carl,

To start a thread on our messageboards, you need to have an account. Next, open the forum for your thread (in this case, I would recommend the Pathfinder General Discussion Forum.l Up in the top right corner of the page is a link that reads "Add New Thread".

To answer your specific question, if you would like to know more about the world of Golarion, I would recommend one of two products. If you are looking for a quick overview of the world, check out the Pathfinder Chronicles Gazetteer. If you are looking for a more in depth exploration of the world, go with the Pathfinder Campaign Setting.

Hope that helps

Jason Bulmahn
Lead Designer
Paizo Publishing

Mournblade94

Adventurer
Hi there Carl,

To start a thread on our messageboards, you need to have an account. Next, open the forum for your thread (in this case, I would recommend the Pathfinder General Discussion Forum.l Up in the top right corner of the page is a link that reads "Add New Thread".

To answer your specific question, if you would like to know more about the world of Golarion, I would recommend one of two products. If you are looking for a quick overview of the world, check out the Pathfinder Chronicles Gazetteer. If you are looking for a more in depth exploration of the world, go with the Pathfinder Campaign Setting.

Hope that helps

Jason Bulmahn
Lead Designer
Paizo Publishing

AH thanks so much:)

I have an account at PAIZO, so I must have missed the thread starter. I was going to order the campaign setting somepoint tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks so much!

Nymrohd

First Post
I'll probably be getting these myself one of these days. Not sure I want to play pathfinder at any point but I am a sucker for good campaign settings and Golarion has gotten great reviews from trustworthy folk.

Mournblade94

Adventurer
I'll probably be getting these myself one of these days. Not sure I want to play pathfinder at any point but I am a sucker for good campaign settings and Golarion has gotten great reviews from trustworthy folk.

And they seem to have great talent working from them from all corners of the industry.

SPECTRE666

Adventurer
The Gazetter and the Campaign Setting are awesome. The pathfinder Chronicals got some really, really goodstuff in them. Pathfinder compainion is good to. See all this free advertising we do for you Jason. Yeah I like Golarion. I call it Golarionlore kinda like Realmslore.

SPECTRE:6::6::6:

Aus_Snow

First Post
And they seem to have great talent working from them from all corners of the industry.
Yessir, uh huh.

Here's who's (primarily?) responsible for the Campaign Setting book:

[sblock=Pathfinder Campaign Setting Team]Stan!
Keith Baker
Wolfgang Baur
Clinton J. Boomer
Jason Bulmahn
Joshua J. Frost
Ed Greenwood
Stephen S. Greer
Jeff Grubb
James Jacobs
Michael Kortes
Tito Leati
Mike McArtor
Rob McCreary
Erik Mona
Jason Eric Nelson
Jeff Quick
Sean K Reynolds
David Schwartz
Leandra Christine Schneider
F. Wesley Schneider
Amber E. Scott
Owen K.C. Stephens
Todd Stewart
James L. Sutter
Greg A. Vaughan
Jeremy Walker
JD Wiker[/sblock]

:eek: Pretty much floored me anyway, when I saw that list.

Pour

First Post
Paizo's 35% off PDF sale was the last sweetener to get me to buy the campaign setting and I HIGHLY recommend it. It's the definitive source for Golarion (which I, too, want to learn more about) and even if you don't plan on running a Golarion game, it's also been a great source of inspiration, formatting and technique for my homebrew. Get it now while it's still ridiculously affordable (the discount special runs out after April).

Remove ads