What is the essence of D&D

Oofta

Legend
Nah, you coulda just not brought it up at all, if you actually didn’t want to make the discussion about 4e.

Because what you’re implying about 4e is simply not true. 🤷‍♂️
My opinion, shared by many people, is not true?

Huh. Last time I checked you don't get to tell me what my opinion is. This is not and cannot be an objective judgement and I've never claimed otherwise.

P.S. doesn't that chip on your shoulder get a bit heavy if even the slightest bit of snark and disagreement set you off?

Oofta

Legend
My opinion is that "the world is flat" - there are whole websites devoted to it, so it simply must be true.
The question of "do I like that edition" is subjective. One objective truth about 4E is that when released it made pretty radical changes to the basic structure of the game when released. Every class had a set of at will, encounter and daily abilities. Those powers were very specific on what they did, a similar structure previously used primarily by spells.

Whether that made the game better, worse, or felt like the other iterations of D&D is subjective.

But I do not care. I have my opinion, I gave 4E more than a fair shot but ultimately decided it was not a game for me. Had 5E not come out I would not be playing that version.

It's time to get over it because I'm not going to hide my opinion of 4E because you might get upset. We have different opinions. You liked the edition, after playing for a few years I did not. It's hardly the end of the world, you're allowed to like things I don't.

Oofta

Legend
And absolutely not what you said or implied... where as "mind control" is closer to the claim

I don't have any clue what you're saying any more. The representation of how all classes worked was consolidated into one pattern. That's not "mind control". There is no anti-4E illuminati.

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I don't have any clue what you're saying any more.
Quoting/Paraphrasing yourself ->"It ( the amount of time spent in combat varies widely by group ) seems to be more influence by style and preferences of the group than the version of the game. Except for the version that shall not be named, of course. "

Last edited:

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
My opinion, shared by many people, is not true?

Huh. Last time I checked you don't get to tell me what my opinion is. This is not and cannot be an objective judgement and I've never claimed otherwise.

P.S. doesn't that chip on your shoulder get a bit heavy if even the slightest bit of snark and disagreement set you off?
Lol “set you off”? Don’t be melodramatic.

Anyway, you suggested that 4e doesn’t change/play differently based on preference. That is objectively false. You know it’s false because you know that others played and continue to play 4e very differently from your own experience with it.

So, you unnecessarily brought it up, just to snark for no reason? That’s definitely a good way to behave. 👍

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases