• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

what is the most interesting chimera?

Cleon

Legend
aside from the standard lion-ram- dragon variety what is the most interesting chimera you have encountered?

Since this is a 3E conversion forum I'll assume you're restricting the question to D&D monsters.

What sort of chimeras are you asking about? If you mean chimera in the generic sense of a fusion of different creatures, there are so many in D&D I don't think I could pick a "most interesting" one.

If you're asking about variants of the standard D&D Chimera as a dragon/goat/lion monster there aren't that many.

Offhand I can only think of the Dracimera and Thessalmera - hybrids that combine a Chimera with a true Dragon and a Thessalmonster respectively.

Of those, the Thessalmera is by far my favorite. We haven't done an Enworld conversion for it yet, but its on my to-do list.

Mark1733

Explorer
thanks for the reply. I was looking for creatures outside the norm. some thoughts:

I have decided on a giant croc, monstrous viper, and black dragon.

some other unusual heads offered in my other post include:
-bison
-rhino
-elk

also, can all the heads be attached to long necks for reach?

such suggestions spurred ideas like:
winter wolf/white dragon/polar bear
slug
saber tooth tiger

Remove ads