D&D 5E What is the next adventure book and when is it coming?

Werebat

Explorer
Tomb of Annihilation was the most recently published "official" 5E adventure book. Do we know yet what the next one will be, and when it is coming?

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
No announcement yet. There's a recent thread that says an announcement is coming Feb 6.

lkj

Hero
Worth keeping in mind that the big storyline announcement last year didn't happen till June or so. I'm guessing the Feb 6 announcement won't be for the big adventure storyline. This is further supported by a recent tweet by Mearls:

https://twitter.com/mikemearls/status/957516311109644289

Which suggests that the big storyline isn't what will be announced on Feb 6. Lots of speculation as to what they will announce is in another thread.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?610301-Announcement-coming-February-6th

AD

Parmandur

Book-Friend
It's codenamed "Broadway," comes out in September, and there will be a tie-in dice set.

Other than those details, they have been talking Slaadi, Modrons, Mordenkainen, Sigil, and such. Odds are the AP has a Planar storyline of some sort (and Lantan in FR, at least).

September for the next big adventure like Tomb of Annihilation. Like others said, next Tuesday there will be an announcement for the Spring release, which could be another supplement, a smaller adventure, or another adventure compilation.

Inchoroi

Adventurer
If it turns out to be Planar, I'm betting it'll be The Great Modron March, a series of adventures following, as the name would imply, a March of Modrons, perhaps the first adventure being moved to FR to begin the path through the Planes of Existence. Then, if I'm right, the latter adventure will be Dead Gods from....2nd edition D&D? A great campaign.

They announced Tales from the Yawning Portal on January 5th for release on April 4th.
This one is a little later (February 6th) with likely a comparable release date.

It might be the next adventure. Or not. We'll find out next Tuesday.

aco175

Legend
No wild speculation on this thread- what happened to everyone. :p

Next weeks announcement comes now that spin has slowed on Tomb of Annihilation. Do people think that the product will come out at GenCon? Do people think the product will be non-FR and if so Greyhawk or Planescape?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
No wild speculation on this thread- what happened to everyone.

Next weeks announcement comes now that spin has slowed on Tomb of Annihilation. Do people think that the product will come out at GenCon? Do people think the product will be non-FR and if so Greyhawk or Planescape?
No to GenCon, which WotC doesn't attend: a May release, and a September release.

We know that there will still be a FR connection, but FR is connected to Planescape, and all signs are pointing to Planar.

Remove ads