D&D 5E What Is The Proper Order Of Attributes For D&D Next?

Order of Attributes?

• Strength, Intelligence, Wisdom, Dexterity, Constitution, Charisma

Votes: 27 19.6%
  • Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, Charisma

Votes: 66 47.8%
  • Strength, Constituton, Dexterity, Intelligence, Wisdom, Charisma

Votes: 35 25.4%
  • Blasphemous Other Option (Elaborate or Perish)

Votes: 10 7.2%

Remathilis

Legend
There is some logic behind this order? I know that it is from 1e, but I wolud like to know why it is this way.

Actually, siwdcch is logical. It's the 3 prime requisites, followed by the 3 abilities that were equally useful for all classes.

This. In the dark days of 3d6 in order, you rolled the three (later four) prime reqs in order to see which would be highest, determining what should be your class (str = fighter, int = magic user, etc) you were. Then you rolled to see how tough and charismatic you were.

Woe to the guy whose scores were 9, 12, 11, 8, 16, 14 :(

Kaodi

Hero
I was thinking earlier that it might be an interesting experiment to present ability scores in the order that they are likely to matter to the "character" of the character.

There might be better interpretations out there, but I was thinking something like: Charisma, Wisdom, Intelligence, Strength, Dexterity, Constitution.

I would be curious to see if mental stats were actually dumped less if you put them up at the front.

JRRNeiklot

First Post
Charisma only became a dump stat in 3e. All it takes is losing one character to a revolt by his 0 level henchmen to learn not to dump charisma.

Remove ads