What is the quality of your experiences with Jon Brazer Enterprises?

Acr0ssTh3P0nd

First Post
Jon Brazer Enterprises is a small publishing business that produces material for Pathfinder and Traveller. The head of Jon Brazer has posted a couple times on a D&D Next Facebook group (to which I belong) as a fan, and this evening he posted asking about writers he could get "on call" for when D&D Next comes out. I'm interested in writing and submitting some material, but I don't know much about the business. Just wondering if anyone here has worked with or for Jon Brazer Enterprises, and what your experiences were. For anyone who has bought material JBE has put out, what are your impressions?

Also, this is my first post on these forums, but I've been lurking since I watched a live-stream on GenCon 2012, after the launch of the D&D Next playtest. If this isn't the right place to post this, please direct me to a more appropriate place.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Janx

Hero
never heard of it. but given the name of the company is Jon Brazer Enterprises, I would wager that the head of said company is named Jon Brazer.

It's likely a one man shop, given its monicker.

Dungeoneer

First Post
Jon Brazer baked me a cake for my last birthday.

Jon Brazer introduced me to my wife of thirty years.

Jon Brazer rescued a drowning kitten from the lake.

Jon Brazer donated his kidney to a homeless man.

Jon Brazer cries every time someone litters.

Jon Brazer is fair in love AND war.

Jon Brazer told African children it was Christmas.

Jon Brazer shared his second Twix bar.

Jon Brazer believes in fairies.

Jon Brazer always signals before changing lanes.

Jon Brazer brought hope to millions.

deadeye2891

First Post
I've been employed with JBE as an editor for about a year and a half now. In that time, I've been given the opportunity to write two Pathfinder supplements all on my own--Book Of Beasts: War On Yuletide, and Book Of The Faithful: Celtic Subdomains--as well as contribute some designs to Book Of Beasts: Legendary Foes.

Our editing and development team are a joy to work with. We're all employed professionals doing this work as a labor of love during our downtime, so that helps keep things in perspective. At the same time, we strive to ensure that our products read well, with polished diction and grammar, and are fun and useful for GMs and players alike.

I'm really excited at the prospect of designing content for D&D Next if everything pans out for 3PPs to do so. We're also branching out into producing content for the Archmage Engine (13th Age's open-license system), which is a heck of a lot of fun to work on. Our publisher, Dale McCoy, also continues to design and publish content for the Traveller RPG. So even if Pathfinder isn't necessarily your bag, chances are still good that JBE has an interest in your idea for other game systems too!

Bottom line, Dale McCoy is the kind of guy that loves to develop and strengthen good ideas. If you bring one to him, he'll do everything he can to help you make it a reality and get your content out there to people.

If you have any further questions for me, feel to send me a PM or ask in this thread!

Best Regards,

Richard Moore
Co-Editor, Jon Brazer Enterprises

Remove ads