What is the quality of your experiences with Jon Brazer Enterprises?

Shemeska

Adventurer
Dale is a cool guy and great to work with.

After Paizo released the Advanced Race Guide (to which I contributed), Dale reached out to me asking if I'd be interested to writing up a half-faerie dragon race supplement for JBE since I'd been publicly faux lamenting that Paizo didn't have half-faerie dragons in the ARG. I initially didn't have time between my day job and pre-existing freelance commitments, but once my slate was clear he was interested in it and we made it happen. Probably the most whimsical thing I've written to date (and also totally needed as a change up in content after doing 'Book of the Damned 3: Horsemen of the Apocalypse' for Paizo)

The next GenCon after that I met him over lunch with a good friend of mine who does stuff for PostHuman (Eclipse Phase) and chatted. Cool guy in person, and he pitched me on a project for a race of shadow-plane native kobolds (Umbral kobolds). I accepted, wrote it up, and released it a year ago. I think that Richard Moore up-thread was the editor for that one actually. :) Link to that product as well which I had a really fun time working on.

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
I'll slip this over to General for you - it's not really a licensing query.
Just curious, but why was this thread moved here? I mean there might be more responses if it were over on the D&D Pathfinder section since I am known for Pathfinder and the original post pretained to discussion on D&D 5e. I mean there might be more responses from people with experiences with my company if it were placed in an area where I typically frequent and do business. I don't ever come here myself. A friend pointed me to this thread. Had it no been for my friend, I never would have found it.

Lord Zack

Explorer
Well I really, really liked Book of the River Nations: Exploration and Kingdom Building. My only complaint is that I prefer 5 mile hexes to 12 mile ones, but they couldn't really change that if they wanted to maintain compatibility with the original rules as done by Paizo.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Probably the most whimsical thing I've written to date [/url] (and also totally needed as a change up in content after doing 'Book of the Damned 3: Horsemen of the Apocalypse' for Paizo)

BTW, [MENTION=11697]Shemeska[/MENTION] hats off to you for BOTD 3. After reading what you came up with there, i wouldnt blame you for watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic on continuous loop. :)

Shemeska

Adventurer
BTW, [MENTION=11697]Shemeska[/MENTION] hats off to you for BOTD 3. After reading what you came up with there, i wouldnt blame you for watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic on continuous loop. :)

*chuckle* Thanks :) That was probably one of my two favorite projects I've had the pleasure to work on. Glad you liked it.

I tend to go back and forth between whimsical and grimdark when left to my own devices in choosing which projects to work on.

Janx

Hero
Just curious, but why was this thread moved here? I mean there might be more responses if it were over on the D&D Pathfinder section since I am known for Pathfinder and the original post pretained to discussion on D&D 5e. I mean there might be more responses from people with experiences with my company if it were placed in an area where I typically frequent and do business. I don't ever come here myself. A friend pointed me to this thread. Had it no been for my friend, I never would have found it.

Not to speak for Morrus, but I'll hazard a guess that it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Morrus didn't seem to know the name, so he wouldn't know you are the Jon Brazer guy, so he wouldn't know where you frequent (heck, he'd probably have brought the thread to your attention had he known).

So in light of not knowing who you were or what JBE was, he likely thought he was helping to raise attention to the general populace so somebody who knew you or your company could answer ineligibly.

Remove ads