Level Up (A5E) What is your experience with Level Up on Foundry?

TheSword

Legend
It can be exactly that simple. Foundry has a number of hosting partners who provide basically a Roll20-like experience for Foundry. You can find some information about those here: Partnerships | Foundry Virtual Tabletop

For self-hosting, there's some setup involved which may be challenging depending on your skillset. Once it's set up though, it once again is a matter of navigating to a web page via a URL.
So I signed up for the Forge. I think that’s one of their partners. I’ll give it a try.

Phil Best

A5e Foundry Developer
So I signed up for the Forge. I think that’s one of their partners. I’ll give it a try.
Yeah, The Forge is definitely the most commonly used of the various hosting services. I can't speak to whether it's the best, as I haven't tried the others, but it certainly does the job.

Just FYI, Foundry license keys are going to be on offer for 10 days starting tomorrow as part of their launch anniversary celebrations. It'll be worth waiting until tomorrow to pull the trigger on any purchases if you decide you like the software.

Phil Best

A5e Foundry Developer
Should also mention that we have a Discord server if you want any help with the A5e Foundry system specifically. We also have channels for bug reports, feature requests, and a whole host of them for 3PP content modules. Basically anything ever published for A5e is available for the Foundry system, either directly in the system or as a module.

For more general Foundry stuff, their Discord server is very active and it's a good place to ask any questions.

TheSword

Legend
Yeah, The Forge is definitely the most commonly used of the various hosting services. I can't speak to whether it's the best, as I haven't tried the others, but it certainly does the job.

Just FYI, Foundry license keys are going to be on offer for 10 days starting tomorrow as part of their launch anniversary celebrations. It'll be worth waiting until tomorrow to pull the trigger on any purchases if you decide you like the software.
Cheers Phil. I actually have the software and all the keys for all the WFRP modules and upgrades I would use. This will probably make you wince but I bought them for the maps, tokens and actors in the modules that I would then transfer over to Roll20 simply because I was more familiar with that system and I had troubles with the hosting when I tried Foundry the first time round (this was several years ago to be fair).

We’re going to give it another go because the support for WFRP on Foundry is much better and I just spent 2 hours trying to Jerry-rig Roll20 character sheets to work after losing a load of records. Mooman has done an excellent job with the modules. Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

Remove ads