TSR What is your physical old school module/adventure filing system?

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
I actually organize by character/adventure levels. Then by "Basic"/D&D ones before AD&D ones. Then alpha-numerically ("module code") within that level grouping.

So the 1-3rd level modules together. Then, 2-4, 3-5, 4-7, etc... up to "Demonweb Pits" and "Tomb of Horrors"... actually I guess the Bloodstone Pass ones are last...that final, mass combat, one with the "up to level 100" mythic pregen characters in the back.

So, yeah. That's how I do.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Strictly sorted by letter-code for all the Basic/1e ones plus any 2e ones that have anything resembling a letter code.

Then all the 3e/d20 modules together, the 4e ones together, the Judges Guild ones together, and a group of miscellaneous none-of-the-above types incuding a couple of recent hardcover-book APs.

In total I've got way over 200 modules* on the shelves, with almost no duplication (I gave away some duplicates a while back; I swear X1 Isle of Dread modules self-replicate when left alone in the dark!) among which are almost a complete collection of the lettered modules (1e and BECMI) along with some WGx Greyhawk stuff; and those I'm still missing are hard targets: tough to find and-or bloody costly.

* - I had to count them a few months back as the answer to "What adventure are we playing next" turned out to be "Let's roll at random, then make up characters to suit if we have to". I was rather surprised at how high the count got. :)

Greggy C

Hero
Ok I am at the point where I need to sneak new modules into the collection without my wife knowing... :)

But I am super excited that the Expert rules finally arrived, so now I have

1643925380636.png

nevin

Hero
Assuming you have built a collection over time. The older modules aren't books of course, they are super thin and so you need some system to be able to find the ones you are looking for.

Some options perhaps you could do them all by published year.

Another option by name (ignoring the word The I suppose?)

What is your filing system?
what is this filing thing you talk of

Remove ads