• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Items Add a Damage Type To A Power?

Firstly, I have no room for any feats, and I'm not so concerned about a weapon (lest it be a staff or dagger). But, what is a good, paragon, magic item(s) that adds a damage type to a power? Preferably, one that is not necrotic (or fire, although, that's not as problematic for me). I know there's one "right under my nose," but i can't seem to find it. Your help will be appreciated.

Last edited:

sev

First Post
There are some hand-slot items from Adventurer's Vault: Burning, Caustic, Frost, Holy, and Storm Gauntlets.

Aulirophile

First Post
Per March errata, anytime you add a damage type to a power, you remove any existing type keywords and replace them. So adding a type is not possible except via a very few feats/paragon paths. Substituting is relatively easy.

DracoSuave

First Post
Per March errata, anytime you add a damage type to a power, you remove any existing type keywords and replace them. So adding a type is not possible except via a very few feats/paragon paths. Substituting is relatively easy.

Not entirely true... any time you -change- the damage, you remove the old type and replace it with the new one. If you -add- damage, the old rules still apply.

Remove ads