• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What lies underneath Thay?

howandwhy99

Adventurer
I am currently putting together a campaign scenario based in the Sunrise Mountains east of Thay. What I need to know is, from any expert out there, what officially lies beneath Thay?

I imagine it's a pretty inhospitable place, which the Thayans control as much as the surface. If there is some printed or online material at Wizards about this, it would really help.

ThomasBJJ

First Post
I remember that a long time ago (real time) there was supposed to be a huge trapped demon/monster underneath one of the cities in THAY.

Other than that, check out "Dreams of the Red Wizards" "Spellbound" boxed set, or "Unapproachable East"

Norfleet

First Post
What officially lies under Thay? Dirt. Lots of dirt. You mean what UNOFFICIALLY lies under Thay, that you could get killed for knowing? I have no idea, I prefer being alive.

Tom Cashel

First Post
I believe the city under which the demon is trapped is Eltabbar. The streets are laid out in the shape of a massive rune that holds it prisoner. To draw a map of Elatbbar, or possess one, is strictly forbidden by law, under penalty of death (of course).

howandwhy99

Adventurer
Tom Cashel said:
I believe the city under which the demon is trapped is Eltabbar. The streets are laid out in the shape of a massive rune that holds it prisoner. To draw a map of Elatbbar, or possess one, is strictly forbidden by law, under penalty of death (of course).

This is really juicy. Thanks!
In response to above, I do have Unapproachable East and Dreams of the Red Wizards, but unfortunately sold the Spellbound boxset. I've also been browsing Wizards site with no luck. I was hoping someone highly steeped in Realmslore might have a definite answer.

Dirigible

Explorer
A six mile deep layer of compressed rock. A crumbly, soft sort of rock. What's it called? That crumbly, soft sort of rock.

Or is it stone?

SHOES?!

dargoth3

First Post
The Demon Lord Eltab is no long trapped beneath the city hes now trapped in an Artifact owned by the Zuikor of Necromancy

There is a Drow city under Thay and it will be detailed in the up coming Underdark source book

Kylearan

First Post
I'm supposed to die, ain't I?

Well met!

Tom Cashel said:

So, while we're at it, you can find a map of Eltabbar (complete with bound demon) at http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mw/20030605a.

Kylearan

Remove ads