• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What lies underneath Thay?

diaglo

Adventurer
dargoth3 said:
The Demon Lord Eltab is no long trapped beneath the city hes now trapped in an Artifact owned by the Zuikor of Necromancy

There is a Drow city under Thay and it will be detailed in the up coming Underdark source book

and one of the novels (Evermeet by Elaine Cunningham iirc) makes mention of this. if not in that novel i know one of them does...maybe it was in a Realms of...

it has to do with the arrival of the elves to Aber-Toril. the rift between the elves. and the goddess Lolth and her "new" worshippers.

diaglo

Adventurer
you could also look at some of the Arcane Age stuff for 2ed and try and convert the Netheril stuff into a mini campaign of discovering lost tombs, etc...

Arnwyn

First Post
There are some Underdark tunnels down there - the drow (as noted above) as well as a large amount of duergar, who have recently come up near the surface (see Unapproachable East - the "High Country" in the Rashemen chapter, and the "Sunrise Mountains" in the Thay chapter).

howandwhy99

Adventurer
Reading through UE like Arnwyn suggested I do see some suggestions for the mountains themselves. I'm guessing that the stepped shape of the land is a result of magic.

Maybe there isn't just a demon trapped under Eltabbar. Maybe Thayan wizards have been trapping powerful Outsiders below Thay and using their energies/souls for wicked ends. (a la Ghostbusters)

I guess I will have to buy the Underdark book for the official answer.

Edit:spelng

PS: diaglo, wasn't Netheril in present day Anauroch? What was in Thay before Mulhorand? Raumathari?

Last edited:

diaglo

Adventurer
howandwhy99 said:
PS: diaglo, wasn't Netheril in present day Anauroch? What was in Thay before Mulhorand? Raumathari?

;) i know you are creative enough to have one or three of the Netheril escape to other lands.

who is buried in Grant's tomb? Grant of course. but what about the lich he is buried on top of. ;)

Remove ads