D&D 5E What Main Themes Would You Want a New Official Setting to Focus On?

What Main Theme(s) Would You Want a New Official World to Focus On? (choose up to 3)

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
I think if you go full water world you can get some really interesting twists beyond "fantasy Caribbean"; ship cities, living islands, merfolk kingdoms, etc. Take every nautical trope from the Odyssey to Horatio Hornblower and smash them all together and I think you could have something cool.
we could go it is much a ship campaign as it is an underwater setting?

definitely have to move what is in setting important around as against will not work and dwarves just seem daft.
maybe give the less used races a chance to shine?

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
I want Battle of the Pantheons. D&D constantly talks about deities and their followers fighting but no setting is based on it outside of Obviously Good vs Obviously Evil.

Accord to my thread on the subject, people here want low magic planar swashbuckling and swords and sorcery. Basically One Piece before the Haki. A bunch of pirates and vagabonds traveling to crazy lands looking for treasure.

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
I want Battle of the Pantheons. D&D constantly talks about deities and their followers fighting but no setting is based on it outside of Obviously Good vs Obviously Evil.

Accord to my thread on the subject, people here want low magic planar swashbuckling and swords and sorcery. Basically One Piece before the Haki. A bunch of pirates and vagabonds traveling to crazy lands looking for treasure.

Looks to me like on this thread people want a post-apocalyptic, futuristic, and modern/urban world...

Basically Fallout

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow

any of you younguns remember Pirates of Darkwater?

aco175

Legend
any idea what you do want?
Still not sure, but some of the others have piqued my interest. A Thundarr the Barbarian world where in the future magic is just old technology that most forget how to use. Maybe real magic creeps in through a fey tie somehow and these concepts clash. Keep it more gritty and less Eberron with large kingdoms and such.

Saw this when looking for another Thundarr image- thought this may be cooler.
1625142598973.png

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases