• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What new Dungeon Tile sets would you like to see WotC produce?

EyeontheMountain

First Post
I'm not so sure about an urban set unless it is made up of a lot of smaller tiles I already ahve a good selection of buildings in the other sets I have bought. They are ok, but not much to write home about.

Building pieces would be good though, walls, and such

And I agree we need beds, chests, and such. More of htem

Kunimatyu

First Post
I want pieces of ships that I can combine in different ways, with abovedecks and belowdecks tiles. Ships are really hard to draw on battlemats because of their nasty tendency to move relative to other ships.

RichGreen

Adventurer
Kunimatyu said:
I want pieces of ships that I can combine in different ways, with abovedecks and belowdecks tiles. Ships are really hard to draw on battlemats because of their nasty tendency to move relative to other ships.

Good call. Also, caves! And lava!

Richard

hong

WotC's bitch
What I'd like is fewer small, fiddly tiles and more big ones. The small tiles get lost or take forever to find, and don't see much use. The big ones, however, are always usable.

I's like to see a set of ocean tiles. Two 8 x 10 tiles of a ship, abovedeck and belowdeck, the flipside an open sea expanse with an undersea silhouette of a fish swarm and maybe a small floating clump of seaweed. A 8 x 8 island tile with a sandy beach and some rocks and palms. A 4 x 8 tile with a longboat. A couple of 2 x 2 tiles with a shark fin and shark silhouette. A few 2 x 2 and 4 x 4 reef and iceberg tiles. A 4 x 4 fisherboat tile. A 4 x 4 outrigger canoe tile. A couple of 2 x 4 rowboat tiles. A 2 x 2 and a 4 x 4 shipwreck raft tiles. A 4 x 4 maelstrohm tile. A 8 x 8 or 8 x 10 harbour/docking pier tile. A lighthouse tile. A couple of 2 x 8 beach tiles. A 2 x 4 whale silhouette. A 1 x 1 half buried treasure chest tile. A few 1 x 2 tiles with floating seaweed and flotsam and maybe one with an oil spill. A 4 x4 or 4 x 8 tile with a gnomish submarine/Apparatus of Kwalish.

frankthedm

First Post
Extraplanar rooms, corrupted by the lower planes or far realm influence.

Fleshy floors with rib cage bones making grates.

Rooms with an Alien Hive look.

Jagged gloss black stone with spectral faces within.

A room made of blood soaked rusty metal with small columns made of jagged chains.

Etc...

Last edited:

Felon

First Post
hong said:
What I'd like is fewer small, fiddly tiles and more big ones. The small tiles get lost or take forever to find, and don't see much use. The big ones, however, are always usable.
Well, I kinda want the opposite. I want furniture and other trappings. Thing is, I wind up using a battlemat for rooms. It's all the little tables and cauldrons and bearskin rugs that take up time to draw.

I'd also prefer that they include an adequate amount of things. I remember having a fight in a temple that required some rows of pews, and we found the set only came with one row.

Friendless

First Post
My PCs are currently exploring a cavern system and there's basically no natural caves in the tile sets at all. I'd like to see

* small caves
* big caves
* canyons
* twisty little passages all alike
* rockfalls
* underground river
* ramps
* stalagmite fields
* gem outcrops

dren

First Post
Felon said:
Well, I kinda want the opposite. I want furniture and other trappings. Thing is, I wind up using a battlemat for rooms. It's all the little tables and cauldrons and bearskin rugs that take up time to draw.

I'd also prefer that they include an adequate amount of things. I remember having a fight in a temple that required some rows of pews, and we found the set only came with one row.

What I did for those general things is take the paper sets of items (corpses, gold, pedestals, etc) found in the back of the DMG, photocopy them, cut them out, then put plastic tape around them. Quick, simple, cheap and you can take them along to a game in a baggy and not worry if you lose them.

I'd with frankthedm, extraplanar rooms sounds great!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads