D&D 5E What of the already done settings do you think WotC is revisiting for a Setting Book?

What of the already done settings do you think WotC is revisiting for a Setting Book?

• Forgotten Realms

Votes: 87 72.5%
  • Eberron

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • Ravenloft

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Ravnica

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Theros

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Strixhaven

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Exandia

Votes: 18 15.0%

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
That doesn't make sense, and nor does the point @Parmandur made re: Saltmarsh.

Why?

Because Winninger didn't call the Ravenloft book a "revisit", but rather one of the "Classic" settings they were bringing back. So GH may yet reappear, because TSR and WotC have both shown a totally irrational obsession with making Greyhawk happen over the last 30 years, despite the fact that every single attempt (no exceptions) has proven a failure, but it will be as one of the "Classic" settings.

It's clear Winninger sees essentially four categories of setting book: Classic setting, Revisit to existing 5E setting, New setting (MtG-based), and New setting (non-MtG-based). GH would be the first, just as Ravenloft was.

I've had more than one player ask why there isn't a Feywild setting book, or at least a book full of information/art about it, so that would make a lot of sense.
Good points. Also, just because they give us some fey ancestries in Wild Beyond the Witchlight doesn't mean they can't reprint them in a Feywild setting book. Princes of the Apocalypse and Rime of the Frostmaiden are both adventures that included character ancestry choices that were otherwise printed in companion works like the Elemental Evil Player's Companion or Volo's Guide.

With all the recent official talk of what is canon and what is not, I now even more expect the revisit to be a new sourcebook for the Realms. SCAG needs to be updated and expanded and all the new race/lineage stuff and evil/not evil stuff needs to be updated/added in.

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
With all the recent official talk of what is canon and what is not, I now even more expect the revisit to be a new sourcebook for the Realms. SCAG needs to be updated and expanded and all the new race/lineage stuff and evil/not evil stuff needs to be updated/added in.
I doubt they'd re-release an expanded version of SCAG, but I wouldn't be surprised if they release a companion book with a closer eye on other Forgotten Realms.

I'd expect there'll be some sort of tie-in sourcebook released with the D&D movie, and I suspect that'll go over a lot of the familiar Sword Coast ground again. Might be done as part of an updated FR/SCAG setting book.

Remove ads