What products do you wish WotC would re-do?

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
The noly thing that I can really think of is to take Sandstorm, Frostburn (I guess), Stormwrack, and something that focused on Jungles/Forests/Swamps, and made one big Campaign Geographica, all about running adventures in the distinct geographic areas, looking at the rules, just fluff about the environment. Possibly discussions of archetypical fantasy for those areas. Very light on the rules.
As much as I am avidly against 4th Edition, any crunch that came from the book that was rules free or light would could easily be retooled for just about any game system. And this reminds me that I still need to buy Dreadmire.

Dykstrav

Adventurer
I'd like to see a product similar to 2E's World Builder's Guidebook, that walks you through the entire process of making your own homebrew setting.

I'd also love to see something like Dungeon Builder's Guidebook (2E) or Dungeonscape (3.5) that dealt entirely with dungeon design.

It'd also be neat to have something like Deities and Demigods with several pantheons from real-world mythology (at least a dozen).

sckeener

First Post
World/Culture sourcebooks please...

I would love to see updated Faiths and Avatars, Demihuman Deities, and Powers and Pantheons in 4e. BASICALLY, keeping all the fluff, adding in whatever happened due to their changing in the setting for 4e, replace the art with GOOD [and colored] art, make all the holy symbols colored,
Agreed though I could do without the crunch or at least crunch light.

I'd like to see a product similar to 2E's World Builder's Guidebook,

It'd also be neat to have something like Deities and Demigods with several pantheons from real-world mythology (at least a dozen).

echo. World Builder's Guide is great, but I think it could be redone. To be honest though I think another company should do it and they should have a section that points to web material & tools that can help in the process....a DI of world building...

I'd also like to see other source books similar to
Age of Heroes
Vikings Campaign Source book
Charlemagne's Paladins Campaign Sourcebook
The Crusades Campaign Sourcebook
Monster Mythology
The Glory of Rome Campaign Sourcebook
HR3: Celts Campaign Sourcebook

I'd also like them to do an Egyptian, Japaneses, and China Sourcebooks.

Wraith101

First Post
I'd like to see a product similar to 2E's World Builder's Guidebook, that walks you through the entire process of making your own homebrew setting.

I would suggest the 4e compatible (in that there are no 3.5 rules in it as far as I recall) A Magical Society: Ecology and Culture by XRP.

walks you right through it!

Back on topic though. I would like to see The Stronghold Builders guidebook (the second ed one more than the third) make a return with a slant towards the PC's as landowners with responsibilities. More of a 'campaign style' book.]

edit: total agreement with the above post!

possum

First Post
Well, they've already redone Starships of the Galaxy... My top three would be the New Jedi Order Sourcebook, Power of the Jedi, and The Dark Side Sourcebook.

PeterWeller

First Post
I'd, of course, love to see 4E campaign books for Dark Sun, Ravenloft, and Spelljammer. Even more, though, I'd love to see them do something based on "The Night Below" in the same vein as that "Revenge of the Giants" that's coming out next year. Reprints or new versions of the Atlas books they put out in the early nineties would also be pretty rad.

Well, perhaps not complete remakes, but these 4e adaptations would rock my world:

"Planescape - a SuperAdventure boxed set with all-new art by Tony DiTerlizzi"

"Players Handbook 3 - Mind and Magic - Psi, Shadow and Arcane Heroes"

"Players Handbook 4 - Oriental Adventures - Ki, Elemental and Divine Heroes"

"Adventurers Guide to Awesome Locations (formerly known as 'Wilderness Survival Guide' and 'Dungeoneers Survival Guide')"

Last edited:

Hjorimir

Adventurer
For me, it really comes down to the 2e settings: Planescape, Al Qadim, Ravenloft, and Birthright.

Last edited:

Remove ads