Pathfinder 1E What project would you like Paizo to tacke next for Pathfinder?

What project for Pathfinder would you like Paizo tackle next?

Roman

First Post
What project would you like Paizo to tacke next for Pathfinder?

Possible Options:

Playing Monsters as PCs
Epic Level Play
Psionics Rules
Modern Game Rules
Sci-Fi Game Rules
Asia-Themed Book

Ahnehnois

First Post
If they did a Psychic's Handbook-like psionics system, I'd buy it faster than...well, fast. (Not a revision of the core psionics rules).

I'd also like to see Modern/Future revisited, because I like them but think there's definitely been some advances since then and they could use a revision.

To me, Epic is more small-niche (though I've run epic games) and there are Asian-specfic rpgs if you want them, so these are slightly less interesting, though I would be happy to see anything coming from Paizo really.

Walking Dad

First Post
I vote psionics. Just because they were in the 3.5 SRD and I liked them to be part of the 'core'. I know Dreamscarred is working on something, but I would like to have 'original' (meaning: from Paizo) rules.

bobocephus

First Post
None of the above. I'd like to see them release hardcover compilations of the various Pathfinder Companion and Chronicles books, by subject matter after current stock is gone. Obviously not right now, but in a couple years or so. I think their current release schedule for the next year is pretty darn cool already.

Set

First Post
1) My first choice would be monsters-as-PCs, but I don't think that the Pathfinder folk are going to be any better at it than the WotC folk, and come up with some lame kludge like the Complete Book of Humanoids or Savage Species or 'racial levels,' instead of having done the ground work to make the Bestiary beasties function alongside the PC races. Since that wasn't done, any sort of Pathfinder 'serpentfolk as PCs' rules will be equally borked from the start, IMO.

2) An Asia-esque setting book would be neat, but, again, I have all the 2e Kara-Tur stuff (and 3.5's Oriental Adventures, set in Rokugan), so I don't *need* such a book immediately. Given my love for Kara-Tur, I'm not sure if any attempt at creating yet another pseudo-Asia is going to satisfy as well, and I'd buy such a product just to see new Domains, Bloodlines, race options, etc. 2e and 3e's Oriental Adventures settings did one thing wonderfully, and that was to turn the Monk class from a neglected bastard step-child to a thing of deadly beauty. The Pathfinder Monk is less dire than that d4 HD 1st edition afterthought, but I'd be interested in seeing what sort of new feats, class options, ki powers, etc. could show up in such a product.

3) Psionics are already part of the setting, thanks to the references to Vudra (then again, so are guns, thanks to Alkenstar), and, IMO, I can either use the 3.5 Psionics rules, tweaked slightly for Pathfinderization, or Green Ronin's Psychic Handbook / APG rules, similarly tweaked. I don't really *need* official rules for psionics, but I sure wouldn't mind them.

I have less than zero use for Epic stuff, but other people like it, so they would be well-served to make it for them. Similarly, I've got no use for Modern rules, or Sci-Fi rules (although a Spelljammer-esque setting that explores the other worlds of the Golarion system could be all John Carter sword-and-blaster goodness!).

So, my priority list

1 - Monsters as PCs
2 - not-Asia
3 - Psionics
4 - Sci-fi
5 - Epic
6 - Modern

Somewhere along the lines of 'not-Asia,' I wouldn't mind seeing 'not-Persia' and 'not-India' and 'not-Africa' sections fleshed out, similar to Al-Qadim / Zakara and Green Ronin's Mindshadows / Naranjan and Nyambe. On the other hand, I can just as readily strap Zakara, Naranjan and Nyambe onto the world of Golarion, the same way that WotC strapped Zakara and Kara-Tur onto the Realms (Zakara to the east of Qadira, Naranjan further east yet, and Nyambe-Tande south of Mwangi). Seems like a potential waste to not use the awesome setting material I already own, until Paizo gets around to fleshing out Vudra and Casmaron, after all. :)

I sure won't be doing that with Maztica-in-place-of-Arcadia, 'though. Ugh.

uffinf

First Post
I voted Psionics but ONLY because, as Set pointd out, they are already part of the Setting. I dislike psionics much like some of the key Paizo folks dislike Dwarves.

Remove ads