• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E What project would you like Paizo to tacke next for Pathfinder?

What project for Pathfinder would you like Paizo tackle next?

next

I do think you need psionics rules, since your setting features Psionics.

Beyond that, I'd like to see one of the major cities in Golarion written up with the same level of detail and great maps that Ptolus has. Preferably with a 20 level megadungeon underneath/next to it.

I'd also like to see regional maps of Golarion, with higher levels of detail, and again, great maps.

Oh, and a book of spells -- like the Spell Compendium, but with more attention to balance issues.

Ken

TanisFrey

First Post
Oh, and a book of spells -- like the Spell Compendium, but with more attention to balance issues.

Ken
Dido, just no Ray of Stupidity without modifications. That spell was such cheese, that my gaming group banded it without question. And could you include how rare each spell would be especially when placed on a scroll or in a potion.

The other thing I would like is a martial arts system book. Maybe some thing that invokes the feeling of 1ed Oriental Adventures. Make it with both eastern and western martial arts and useful to fighters and monks and rouges. I would like to see some one do a 3.5/Pathfinder version of that. It was the best martial arts system for a level based system I have seen. Especially after Dragon Mag article that expanded it for European- and African-origin martial arts.

Last edited:

Votan

Explorer
- Epic Rules which do not follow "more levels and more power" - something similar to E6 variant but done for d20

Okay, this I could actually get behind. A blind retread of the WotC epic rules with all of the issues inherent in them would be really annoying. Both Pathfinder and 3/3.5 D&D are weak at higher levels. But if one had a creative approach that made these levels actually playable then that would be a product I would purchase.

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
Your might be happy then
1> Getting new spells in the AGP in aug
2> Don't understand the boring comment
3> Bestiary 2 Due out October
4> unclear new classes highly unlikely outside of something like an Asian book
5> Due out September

So 3 of 5 not bad.

1. That'll be nice.

2. No one in my group wants to play a straight rogue because of how many weaknesses they have in melee and surviving. Or a wizard because other classes give too many interesting abilities while the wizard gives very few. It makes them less fun than say a paladin or sorcerer, which gets tons of cool abilities. The fighter is an absolute beast now and hits for far more damage than the wizard. Wizard specialty paths aren't as interesting as sorcerer paths. Wizard could use some tweaking or some interesting prestige classes.

3. nice

4. I was hoping for a scout or something. They incorporated some new divine, arcane, and fighter classes in the Advanced Player's Guide, but not one new trapfinding class. Paizo knows they made the rogue sort of weak and uninteresting. Probably don't want to incorporate a class to challenge it because they know it will be played far more than the rogue.

Seems like BS to me though. If you're going to include all these other options for fighter types and arcane and divine casters, seems there should be more options for a trapfinding/rogue type class. I was really surprised they didn't include a single extra rogue type class in the Advanced Player's Guide. do the designers at Paizo hate rogue type classes? What's up with that?

5. Sweet. They are going to update the campaign setting.

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
re

A martial arts book would be cool.

I keep wondering how they will build it though. The feat system limits what you can take for your style. Though the monk does have alot more feats now. I've always thought feats that automatically progress by level would be best for a Martial Arts book. But we'll see what Paizo can come up with.

Liquidsabre

Explorer
It would be "None of the Above" for me as well but I clicked the sci-fi option for adding a little Spelljamming to my Golarion. The 2nd Darkness blurb about the solar system had me all jazzed for more of that!

When I GM games I'm big into expanding the player's scope beyond the 1-inch square combat/plot especially as players breach 5th level. With that said I'd like a Pathfinder book covering large scale events and combat in a campaign including:

[1] Vehicle Rules (i.e. ships, airships, carriages, etc.)
[2] Mass Combat/Command Rules (Sieges, open-battle, season-long campaigns)
[3] Social Combat Rules

With these I'd be set for running large-scale events for the campaign without resorting to hand-waving as is normally done. I'd much rather be as surprised (and excited) about the outcome of a massive combat as the players and have them actively engaged and influential in the course of these large scale events.

I'm an odd duck though (running an Eberron: Shardspace campaign with Pathfinder atm) so maybe its just me. :)

I'd like to see Golarion expanded in a hollow earth setting. I love the Mystara Hollow World.

Look for a product called "Into the darklands" The darklands are Golarions underdark, which is divided into 3 layers. Nar-voth,Sekamina abd Orv. This last layer is also called the vaults even upper darklands races fear Orv. The whole area is a series of "Vaults" massive in size{some having whole mountain rages and at lest 1 losrt world with a false sun} This area was make by a now lost race and know one knows just why.

Not totally want ya want but might scratch that ich

ruemere

Adventurer
Okay, this I could actually get behind. A blind retread of the WotC epic rules with all of the issues inherent in them would be really annoying. Both Pathfinder and 3/3.5 D&D are weak at higher levels. But if one had a creative approach that made these levels actually playable then that would be a product I would purchase.

One of the first important things I've done for my campaigning under d20 ruleset, was to get out of "dungeons and levels" mindset, i.e. complete this dungeon and get a level, so that you can get into another dungeon. The characters were supposed to be troubleshooters of extreme kind, and the trouble came in many shapes and colors (organizing military operations, taking place at front-lines against otherwordly armies, solving mysteries, crusading and some more).
In my opinion, epic campaigning should be about guys who are not necessarily superheroes. They should know more, not better tricks. Hmm. Black Company series comes to my mind.

Anyway, there is not easy answer to what I would like to be in d20 Epic. I just know that previous attempts to map this area (including 4E levels 21-30) fail miserably, since they follow such bland idea of giving more of the same drug.

Regards,
Ruemere

Remove ads