• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What RPG books are the Gems of your collection?

Azgulor

Adventurer
The "which RPG books do you regret buying" got me thinking:

Which RPG books are ones you wouldn't part with? Either due to their utility, innovative nature, etc.

Mine would be:

d20/OGL:
Conan OGL RPG
Magical Medieval Society: Western Europe
Fields of Blood
Pirate Isles (Conan)
Free Companies (Conan)
Book of the Righteous
Kingdoms of Kalamar Campaign Setting
Kalamar Atlas
d20 Modern
Menace Manual

non-d20/OGL:
GURPS 4e (Characters & Campaign Books)
GURPS Fantasy
Transhuman Space
Gods of Harn
HarnWorld

Allanon

Explorer
From the top of my head it would be:
  • In the Cage: A Guide to Sigil
  • Uncaged Faces of Sigil
  • Planescape Campaign Setting
  • Player's Handbook
  • Dungeon Master's Guide
  • Monster Manual
  • Manual of the Planes
  • Scarred Lands Campaign Setting: Ghelspad
  • Mutants&Masterminds
  • M&M: Freedom City

Thinking about it, The above books should offer me a a lifetime of gaming ideas... but somehow I need more... :heh:

Last edited:

Qualidar

First Post
diaglo said:
B3 Palace of the Silver Princess
I lent mine out back in junor high and never got it back. That was the first module I ever DMed.:( Going to check out ebay right now.

~Qualidar~

Last edited:

Grim Tales and Slavelords of Cydonia
Midnight
The Magical Medieval Society books

Not books, but I'm rather fond of my Gamer's Bag bookcovers, and you'd have to pry my Tact-tiles out of my cold dead hands.

jcfiala

Explorer
Azgulor said:
The "which RPG books do you regret buying" got me thinking:

Which RPG books are ones you wouldn't part with? Either due to their utility, innovative nature, etc.

The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
Unearthed Arcana (for 3.5 - I'm very fond of all the options together)
Most of my Call of Cthulhu books, but particulary the Cairo, Masks of Nyarlhotep, the two Gamemaster books, and whichever main volume's at hand.
GURPS Illuminati
GURPS IOU
BESM 2nd edition
Silver Age Sentinels: Emergency Response #1 (Because I wrote it. :)
The Dying Earth RPG (and the issues of the Excellent Prismatic Spray which I am fortunate enough to own)
The three volumes of the Collected Transactions of The Royal Martian Geographic Society.

EDIT:
And the d20 CoC book. I'm not a fanatic about the rulessystem (both have their strengths), but even aside from the rules there's a lot of good advice about running Call of Cthulhu in there. Plus, love the cover.
And add all my issues of 'The Unspeakable Oath' in there, as well as everything else Pagan Publishing has published.

Last edited:

Roudi

First Post
Blood & Relics 2e - I love gaming based on occult mythos and religious overtones, and this brought it all into a modern setting.

Quickshots: Mission File Charlie - my first published credit (I NPC'd the book and created most of the monsters). Was I the only one to think of using the BoEF to create new versions of the succubus and incubus?

Ultramodern Firearms - best firearms resource. Period. Inspired me to write my second published credit (Modern Dispatch #10: Near-Future Firearms).

Modern Backdrops - best resource for the time-pressed Modern GM. Five fleshed-out towns with plenty of attention paid to plot hooks, consistency, and creepiness. Plus maps. Gold.

Star Wars Core Rulebook (first edition) - the game that got me into d20. I own the Revised Core Rulebook too, and I appreciate that one a lot more in terms of mechanics and depth, but the original book still has a place in my heart.

Silverleaf

First Post
Basic/Expert D&D books (Moldvay/Cook edition)
AC9 Creature Catalogue
D&D modules B1-B5, X1-2
D&D Rules Cyclopedia
AD&D 1e PHB, DMG, MM, MM2, FF
AD&D modules C1, D1-3, I1-6, WG4
my collection of old Dungeon magazines (issues 1-70)
my collection of ICE Shadow World books (including The World of Vog Mur, The Iron Wind, The Cloudlords of Tanara)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads