What RPG do you most regret parting with?

Reynard

Legend
Maybe you were short of money and you sold it. Maybe you were short of space and gave it away. Maybe you lost it in a move, or the dog ate it, or it was destroyed in an overflowing toilet incident.

Whatever the reason, you no long are in possession of this beloved RPG book. What is it?

I have stupidly gotten rid of many books over the years, and I almost always regret having sold or lost all of them at some point or another (even if it is just because I have an itch to read it for nostalgia sake). But the one that really bugs me that I wish I had never parted with is the Star*Drive setting for Alternity. It is one of my favorite space opera settings and the book was really fun to read: thick and dense and good for just diving deep into. There are other books -- I gave away all my author copies of GWd20 PHB for example -- but I actually miss that Star*Drive book at least once a year.

MGibster

Legend
The first edition of Legend of the Five Rings. I had almost every book from that edition, and after 5th edition I'm not sure we'll ever see another one again.

Bill Zebub

“It’s probably Matt Mercer’s fault.”
I cannot find a couple of my 1e books - I have my DMG and PHB, but my Monster Manual and Deities and Demigods seem to be missing, which is crummy.

That was almost my answer, but I went for practicality over nostalgia. (The difference being that I don't have any of my AD&D books...gave them all away in about '92. Ugh.)

Also, my "opposite answer" is that I'm really glad that when I heard the news about C7 losing the TOR license I tracked down a hardcover Darkening of Mirkwood and pounced on it.

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
My physical copy of Temple of Elemental Evil. My father, not unreasonably, as it wasn't his responsibility to store things for me in case I might want them later, especially as I never said anything to him, donated it to the library or sent it to the dump in the lacuna between when I stopped playing D&D in high school and started playing again in grad school.

My complete Planescape collection from 2e.

I bought Star*Drive a couple years ago after parting with it in the late 90’s. I like Alternity and that setting. It wasn’t that expensive to replace.

Remove ads