D&D 4E What rules do you think are still missing from 4e?

Morandir Nailo

First Post
It's not really "no hardness" as much as it is "hardness (i.e. damage resistance) set by the DM as appropriate for the situation." So a DM is well within his/her rights to say that you cannot, in fact, make a hole in an Adamantine wall with a quarterstaff, whatever your Str bonus is. A DM can do this anyway, but it's nice to see it spelled out plainly.

Mor

Danceofmasks

First Post
Ah, I must have missed it earlier .. hmm.
It's somewhat vague as to what happens though ..

Whack a door for 20 and it breaks, that's pretty easy.
Whack a foot-thick drawbridge and it breaks, but it's still a lot of wood there ... can you really go through?

Torpedo

First Post
I'd like to see rules for disarming. In 3.5 I had a Bard that was very much in the swashbuckling / fencing mode and I enjoyed attempting to disarm my opponents.

Shabe

First Post
Well i'd like pretty much the whole skill section detailed a bit more with examples of how to use them.
Tracking probably needs some more expansion, like what kind of action, what speed do you follow the tracks at, can you take penalties to go quicker etc.

A D&D insider loot generator, not technically rules, but if they could implement a loot generator where you ticked which books you had access to and then it generated loot for a level, that would be nice. Not that i'd use it strictly i just worry about looking like i'm favouring one player over another when selecting items.

Rules for spells and their interactions in 3d, how far does a dragonborn's breath weapon for example go up and down, considering dragonborn are 6ft tall.

leotharas

First Post
Leadership, NPC Clases and Crafting

Loving 4e at the moment, much more streamlined and leaves more time for actual role play (combat does not take hours to resolve).

the only thing's i feel that is missing at the moment is things that cover leadership (with cohorts and followers)

the NPC classes (for hirelings)

and also the crafting and profession skills which i loved as they provided an alternate use to your PC.

I am currently looking at designing some rules for them, any suggestions on what people would like to see?

Remove ads