• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What scares me

BASHMAN

Basic Action Games
bmcdaniel said:
If playtesters are forbidden from saying they are playtesters, then the only way to tell who is a playtester is for all non-playtesters to admit it. By process of elimination, anyone who doesn't say they aren't a playtester can be assumed to be one. I'll start: I'm not a playtester.

The NDA requires all playtesters to also say "I'm not a playtester" in such situations-- otherwise someone could think they are playtesters.

PS-
I'm not a playtester.

mhensley

First Post
epochrpg said:
The NDA requires all playtesters to also say "I'm not a playtester" in such situations-- otherwise someone could think they are playtesters.

PS-
I'm not a playtester.

So.... the solution would be for everyone to say that they are a playtester for which real playtesters would get in legal trouble for doing. Those saying that they're not playtesters must be lying.

I am a playtester.

BASHMAN

Basic Action Games
mhensley said:
So.... the solution would be for everyone to say that they are a playtester for which real playtesters would get in legal trouble for doing. Those saying that they're not playtesters must be lying.

I am a playtester.

Touche. I am AND am not a playtester. Now all the bases are covered.

BASHMAN

Basic Action Games
sidonunspa said:
Ha! you! tell us what you know!

Somone grab him, quick!

Okay, okay, I'll talk! In many ways it is a lot like the D&D we already know-- roll a d20 and roll high-- but some things are different. They made the PhB much smaller by not including spells. The random, collectable spell-cards come in packs of 8 for 3 dollars a piece. In each pack you get 4 arcane and 4 divine spells, most of which are level 1-5, and rares are the higher level spells. Summoning spells work the way they do in MtG-- summoning sickness applies, and summoned monsters use MtG rules instead of D&D rules.

My fighter was able to use his Wuxia wire-fu jump maneuver to clear a 40' chasm while deflecting arrows with his sword, and uppon landing used his boomerang sword of flaming death strike to kill a line of 20 orcs on the other side.

That's all I can say for now...

helium3

First Post
Betote said:
IIRC, the NDA WotC made playtesters sign forbade them from even telling they were playtesters...

I have now actually spoken with WOTC employees (mind you not the grand poobahs) and they laugh whenever I mention this and say it's not true.

helium3

First Post
epochrpg said:
I think the NDA of 4e must be something really nasty... like they'll kill your puppy or something.

Or, the more likely explanation is that there aren't many outside playtesters yet, or outside playtesting hasn't even started.

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
helium3 said:
I have now actually spoken with WOTC employees (mind you not the grand poobahs) and they laugh whenever I mention this and say it's not true.
On a scale of 1 to maniacal, how maniacal was the laughter? Did the WotC employee say that playtesters are forbidden of speaking of 4E's contents over and over again? Were they wearing brown hooded robes at the time? Were you lying flat on your back on a stone slab at the feet of an orcus statue at the time? ;) :p

BASHMAN

Basic Action Games
dmccoy1693 said:
On a scale of 1 to maniacal, how maniacal was the laughter? Did the WotC employee say that playtesters are forbidden of speaking of 4E's contents over and over again? Were they wearing brown hooded robes at the time? Were you lying flat on your back on a stone slab at the feet of an orcus statue at the time? ;) :p

Of course not-- this is ridiculous. There are no druids in 4th edition!

Remove ads