D&D General (+) What Should Go in a D&D Book About Dungeons?

Bill Zebub

“It’s probably Matt Mercer’s fault.”
I found the Dungeoneer's Guide fascinating. I spent many a happy hour imagining what it would be like to wander through subterranean lands. So I'd say it was an interesting spelunking simulation.

I agree that it was pretty much useless as a gaming product :)

That describes many of my favorite gaming products.

Undrave

Legend
New subclasses? (Honestly not my favorite)
I'd like an tomb raider Wizard who likes to delve into ruins looking for old spells. With a dash of rogue to it. Like a Magical Indiana Jones.

But, more importantly, I think we'd need a new race.

We already have Dragonborn, so the obvious thing missing is their counterpart: the Dungeonborn!!

Last edited:

Bill Zebub

“It’s probably Matt Mercer’s fault.”
I'd like an tomb raider Wizard who likes to delve into ruins looking for old spells. With a dash of rogue to it. Like a Magical Indiana Jones.

But, more importantly, I think we'd need a new race.

We already have Dragonborn, so the obvious thing missing is their counterpart: the Dungeonborn!!

Mimic as playable race Kin?

not-so-newguy

I'm the Straw Man in your argument
*The second time I ran through FoF as a player the DM knew, but not the other players. I proceeded to encourage many, many bad decisions. Much hilarity ensued.
0683e21e80ac6b7cb5460e2ffc66eda3.jpg

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
I think the biggest seller would be a long list of pre-defined traps and hazards. Like a monster manual for dangerous non-creatures. Don't just tell me how to make one; give me a few dozen I can just use.

Also, if you want to sell the book: player options. More equipment, maybe some feats/new races species/subclasses
All of those things are in Level Up's Dungeon Delver's Guide.

Remove ads